• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis]
    Even before becoming a mother, Briseis had spent much of her time constantly moving. Staying still caused anxiety to build inside her like a slow-brewing storm, and often this darkness exploded in the middle of night when she was trying to sleep. She has always had the idea that if she wore herself down enough, she would be too tired to dream. Of course, this rarely worked, but now it was a habit that was hard to break. And now with Chryseis, it wasn’t hard to stay pre-occupied. She was a bundle of energy the way most children were, and the little girl was more than happy to bound ahead of, and away from, her mother as they explored the expanse of Hyaline. Even though she was always begging to go somewhere else, she thankfully had a short enough attention span that she could often be distracted by something nearby.

The duo were on a journey on the shoreline today, although the black mare was keeping clear of the crashing waves. The sights and sounds of the beach brought back the fragmented memories that haunted her dreams; running until her lungs bled, the desperate fight to stay above the frigid waters, and finally succumbing to the exhaustion — and eventually, being spit onto the rocky shores of Beqanna. Thankfully, Chryseis was too engrossed in her search for a perfect seashell to be concerned with the water (which was a first), and Briseis found herself letting the continuous sounds of the sea to carry her away. It wasn’t often that she tried to piece together her memories; usually it only lead to extreme frustration. But every now and then, she couldn’t help but to let her mind wander.

Her thoughts are shattered when another mare nearly bumps into her. It is the strangers voice that startles her back to the present, her adrenaline immediately spiking as her slim legs go rigid. Before she even needs to call to her, Chryseis is promptly at her side. Not because she was afraid of the newcomer, but because she was intrigued by her. Briseis exhales a slow release of a breath that she hadn’t realized she was holding, regarding the spotted mare with a cautious friendliness. ”Oh, it’s okay. No harm done.” There is a guarded smile that lifts at the corner of her lips, and as she is preparing to try and awkwardly get herself through the small-talk conversation that she is so terrible at, she realizes that the mare has stopped short and is staring in a frozen manner at the little blue roan girl at her side.

Briseis follows her gaze to her daughter, and then back, a shadow of suspicion falling across her face. She was already so leery of strangers, and with no knowledge of who this mare is, she can only assume the worst. ”My name is Briseis, and this is my daughter, Chryseis.” Her black muzzle reaches down to brush the crest of the filly’s neck and Chryseis, completely naive to the tension building between the two mares, smiles brightly up at the newcomer. ”Hi! I like your spots.” Concise and to the point.

briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

@[Breckin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis] - by Briseis - 08-08-2018, 06:24 PM