• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All for you, yeah all for you - Breckin

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    Ignorance. Ignorance, ignorance, and once more: ignorance.

One is for him, for his own thoughts, the fact that he'd had such a hard time in Loess to not think about her all the time, to want out just to go see how she was, that should have been a clue. Maybe he should have told her that before she left.

Two is for her, to ignore or not see whatever reaction he'd given to her presence, and her threatening to leave.

Three, for the both of them not getting back to one another sooner, for not explaining anything.

And last but not least, for this moment, lashing out in heated, badly controlled anger, at one another instead of seeing the reason for all their shared hurt.

This story looks a lot like a tragedy today.

His other ear completely pinned down as well, he makes a face at her words. Staring at her directly while she walks up to him, he only notices the stones and pebbles when she drops them - perhaps that's for the best. He doesn't have time now to think about how that could be a threat to him, her new trait, something she'd never cared to show before, she probably didn't think he'd be interested, did she?

His head moves downwards slightly, bowing his neck and unknowingly taking a rather proud stance, but he has no eye for anything else than her piercing gaze. Oh, how beautiful she is when she's angry. Really rather intriguing gaze she has. Too bad he has no time to care for any of that any more.

Her voice pierces at how she's not the only one playing hide-and-not-seek. But here's the thing, and he hurls it right back at her. More sarcasm, he's not done with that. "Succumbing to your dying wish of not wanting to see me, darling." Did he just call her...? Meh, whatever. How many times had he swum to shore, crashed through the undergrowth in the riverland, only to halt at the Nerinian border, to hesitate, and return because he was so sure she did not want him there? Must have been once weekly. Had she even remotely been looking, she should have caught his scent lingering there at least once or twice, but no, little princess Breckin has no time for a guy like him, has only time for her queen and her kingdom, and oh, the pleasing of whomever it was as long as it was just - not - him.

He takes one deep breath at her declaration. For a split second debating if he should just give up - but no. This dam had been closed too long now to hold in the spring floods any longer, and it breaks.

He breaks. Almost cleanly so. But not with sadness. Not this time.

"Yeah? Good for you. Nice timing you have." he snorts - he sounds way too dryly to be serious, but then, now that he's started to talk in anger, he just cannot stop calling her out. "You never even think about it, do you? What you do, blinking your pretty eyes and long lashes about like it's nothing. To you it's nothing! You just dart around like a cute, little dotted fairy and expect everybody to be your friend, but only just a friend, 'cause nooo, butterfly Breckin doesn't want to let anybody in. Scared she breaks upon the first touch, because you did, didn't you? You would break, back then. But then, I guess Nerine suits you so damn well, and you really toughened up, now you're just as stone-cold as the Amazons were! Hurray for the true Leviathan! So yeah, I guess you'd best break all the bonds you made in your previous life so that the Nerinian little noblewoman that you are now, doesn't have to waste her time on anything that's not female any longer, so you just drop whatever you hold, on the spot, and you leave - it - there - to - die!" He nearly spits that word in her face. If she says anything or even moves, he doesn't hear or see, because he hardly takes the time to take in a second breath - it's only long enough to make him realize that he needs this to end. Now.
    "So you know what? It's fine! I'm done. I'm not going to do this any longer! It's been hard enough to try and get you out of my head without you coming back pretending it's all the same. Just remind me of you once again while I try to move on, will ya? Stab me once again, it's fun. So since you're so set on avoiding me, do a better job at it and leave me alone!" His voice thunders, probably not only in his own head. But he's done listening to her, he hardly has enough self-control as it is not to physically attack her. He turns around abruptly, and crashes through the same bushes he came in, and with just about the same speed.

Out, away, and no way he's going back.
    "dear crow, your voice is right enough;
    but where are your wits?"
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Breckin] aaand there we are.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All for you, yeah all for you - Breckin - by Leilan - 08-06-2018, 05:49 PM