• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

rhaegor, any
    Dawn

Dawn is so focused on escaping her mother, she doesn't even realize she's about to bump into another foal until--SMACK!--she does. "Oh, crap!" she squeaks as she goes positively ass over teakettle, and she's sure that her golden fur has taken on a more fuchsia hue as she scrambles to her hooves in embarrassment. At first she thinks that it is her mother, angry at her for escaping, but of course it isn't Cress. Cress is never made when she wanders off, and Cress isn't this small. "I'm so, so, so, so sorry!" she exclaims, quickly examining the other foal to make sure he isn't injured. If he is, Mother can help. She can always help.

As if in response, a small shaft of light beams on his forehead, an echo of Dawn's own horn. Her chocolatey brown eyes light up, and she wiggles happily. "That is so cool," she tells him, reaching out to brush her nose against the warm light. "My mom named me Dawn because my coat reminds her of the morning sun, but your power is so much more like the dawn than me."

Feeling a bit like show-and-tell, Dawn takes a step back and squares her shoulders. "My power isn't as cool as yours, but watch what I can do!" Squinting in concentration, she reaches for the power. The change is uncomfortable, but it only last a moment, and in her place stands a small polar bear cub. She watches him to gauge his reaction, then releases the magic and returns to her natural form with a sigh. "It makes me really tired, but it's cool too, right?"

Before he can respond--unknowing to her, he will not respond at all--another approaches, and Dawn stares wonderingly at the second colt's swirling horns. "Whoa..." she murmurs, then grins at the bay-and-green Clayton. "I'm Dawn!" she tells him happily, tipping her head in a friendly manner. "And this is..." she pauses as she indicates her companion, realizing that he hasn't yet said a word. "Actually, you haven't told me your name. Do you have a name? Can I call you Sunny? I think I'm going to call you Sunny.

"This is my friend, Sunny!"
    clean.

Messages In This Thread
    rhaegor, any - by Affirmative - 08-01-2018, 11:26 PM
    RE: rhaegor, any - by Rhaegor - 08-02-2018, 10:01 PM
    RE: rhaegor, any - by Clayton - 08-03-2018, 10:09 AM
    RE: rhaegor, any - by Dawn - 08-05-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: rhaegor, any - by Rhaegor - 08-07-2018, 06:56 PM
    RE: rhaegor, any - by Clayton - 08-08-2018, 06:07 AM