• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she calls my arms a crime scene, any

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

There wasn’t much to be trusted of the new horse, then. “I command my mercenaries, patrol the borders and keep watch. If something went wrong around here, I’d be blamed I guess.” Bane replies without hesitation, as vague as his new comrade was comfortable being. The word king doesn’t suit this territory or its inhabitants; he’s one of them, they support him. In the colorful drake’s mind there’s no levels or heiercy to it - the majority could easily replace him tomorrow if they wished. “And you, like the others, won’t see much but a peaceful home.”

A throaty sound, humorous and rolling as thunder, breaks free in the form of laugh. Loess herself wasn’t the one signing up for odd-end jobs, only the five chosen were. Lepis his Cleric, Dayé his Ranger, and Arthas his Champion. Two spots yet to be filled and for all he knew, he could be looking directly at his fourth chosen. “It’s what I’m offering that interests people, not the safety of a territory.” Wolfbane explains, settling comfortably while the pale wings atop his back shuffled into place. “In exchange for a payment, kingdoms will have the chance to hire myself and my mercenaries out for whatever jobs they’d like. We’re an expendable armed forces, more or less.” He explains.

Thus far it’d worked. Not one spot in his ranks was going to waste and those who would rather keep to the shadows or their own designs could, without pressure to serve a land for nothing but a title. “Loess is just our home base. A neutral territory for those less inclined towards glory or magic wielding.” The pegasus stallion shrugs himself, cutting directly to the heart of the matter.

WOLFBANE

@[vulgaris]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she calls my arms a crime scene, any - by Wolfbane - 07-25-2018, 02:44 PM