• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Good guys never get the girl; diplomatic visit
    Winter afternoons are most often spent near the hot springs, where the radiant heat of the earth and the water provide a relief from the winds that sweep down from the Hyaline mountains. Today, the wind is not all that comes from the north, and I raise a curious head to better locate the scent on the wind. I do not need to, it seems, as a summoning call reaches my navy ears a moment later.

It takes a moment to untangle my legs and heave myself to my feet. Soon the relief of lying down will be overshadowed by the difficulty of getting up again; my growing belly has already begun to make movement more difficult. Still, the gentle I place against my perlino side is affectionate and gentle, and the responding kick I feel brings a bright smile to my face. I've named him already, though I've not told a soul. Briar.

I do not linger overlong though, knowing that the caller is waiting. I pull my left wing tightly to my side, though the right drags through the shallow snow as I move. It had healed crookedly, and hangs awkwardly despite my best efforts to keep it close. At least my winter coat has grown out to hide the scars, I think as I make my way steadily north. My long blue and yellow hair covers the worst of them - teeth and hoof marks across my neck, withers, and sides, remnants of my time in Sylva.

Moving through a copse of trees, I spot movement ahead, though the pale mare blends well with the snowy hills. "Hello!" I call out, pitching my voice to carry across the rolling hills between us with a familiarity born of experience. This land tends to swallow sound, and so I wait to speak more until I am nearer.

"Welcome to Loess," I tell the fellow pegasus, a warm smile on my face. "I'm Lepis, the Cleric. How can I help you?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Good guys never get the girl; diplomatic visit - by Lepis - 07-06-2018, 07:12 AM