• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just a girl taking too many chances [anyone]
    After her apology, it took him little time to draw some space back between them, and the action causes her rueful smile to grow somewhat goofy.  It's large enough to meet with her eyes, and she can't help the carefree laugh that works its way out.  She hopes he doesn't take it the wrong way, but it was entirely too amusing.  It crosses her mind that maybe it's a ploy to draw her in again on her own accord,  but his sudden interest in a piece of driftwood leads her to believe otherwise.  Still, for a moment she does consider moving closer, wondering if he'd take another step away.  But Breckin refrains in order to reassess him through her dark grinning eyes.  Interesting fellow.

"Oh lovey, I wouldn't dream of it.  That problem is mine alone."His statement of love not being anything more than an over-complication of a good time is spoken with some wisdom.  And the issue of her love for Leilan was a confusing mess she would have to sort out eventually, ultimately knowing that she would have to decide whether to confront him about it or keep her feelings hidden.  That choice could be made another day, she concludes.  And maybe she didn't need to find the waterfall to find some clarity after all.

She finds and holds his gold-flecked gaze easily, tilting her head in humored curiosity.  "My sad truth didn't scare you away after all.  Since you've stuck around through my ugly emotions, I'm not entirely certain but, I think," she pauses for a moment as if seriously collecting her thoughts, brow furrowing in slight concentration, "that makes you a somewhat decent person." Maybe that was her opinion alone; oh well, who cares, didn't matter.  Smiling brightly, she corrects her features back to amusement, "Don't worry though, I can keep that a secret if you have a certain image you'd like to maintain."

A dizzying sense of deja vu washes over her, but she blinks to clear the thoughts in favor of glancing beyond the golden blue stallion towards the horizon.  The day was dying, and low tide would be rolling out again soon.  No longer did she have the intention of finding the falls, simply contented to have a brief distraction from her troubles.

After a moment, she looks back to him, she sensed there was so much more to him than a handsome face and charming words.  Something had been weighing on her mind and just like any other time, curiosity was her crown and she wore it like a queen.  "Ivar, why are you still here? I know I'm hard to resist and all," she jokes, "but the evening will be falling soon and I'm sure you could've spent your time on better things than me."

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just a girl taking too many chances [anyone] - by Breckin - 08-13-2018, 09:00 PM