• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just a girl taking too many chances [anyone]
    The warning in her voice does nothing more than make Ivar flick his curious blue ears and grin. He recognizes it for the mockery it is, and knows that it is all a part of the game. The kelpie steps forward as slowly as she slides her hoof backward, keeping the same amount of space between them and the amused expression even when Breckin accuses him of exploitation.

There is rarely a moment when he is not guilty of that, after all. Guilt and ethics are not things that have ever bothered the kelpie.

He knows her question had been rhetorical yet he answers, albeit with a query of his own. "Why? Would you like me to?" The silence that falls after is not uncomfortable - at least not to Ivar - and his dark eyes take advantage of it as he admires the spotted mare from this closer vantage point.

Breckin's sigh is not entirely what he had expected; nor is the confession that follows. For a moment it distracts him, conjuring half-forgotten memories of two mares that had not known what awaited them. That mild discomfort paired with the way she so casually manipulates the shell into her mane has Ivar taking a step away as well. He paws at a half-buried bit of wood for a moment as though that was the reason he'd moved away, though his ears do still flick with interest as she speaks.

"As long as you don't expect me to solve them, I don't mind." Ivar replies to her apology, looking up from his driftwood to meet her gaze directly. There is a flicker of a grin at the edge of his opalescent lips as his skewbald shoulders roll in a shrug. "After all, I've never known love to be anything more than an over-complication of a good time."

@[Breckin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just a girl taking too many chances [anyone] - by Ivar - 08-11-2018, 10:03 AM