• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just a girl taking too many chances [anyone]
    As the mysterious stranger spoke, she found herself drawing closer to him yet again,  dark  orbs holding his own golden gaze as she pulls her breath to make the remark of, ”It really doesn’t matter anymore, if you are or aren’t,”  finally stopping a single horse length in front of him.  There had truly only been one person in particular she had hoped to remain elusive to, and the striking creature in front of her certainly was not that person.  Though for now his presence was managing to manipulate the not-so-subtle curiosity that plagued her very existence.  It would most likely be the death of her someday.

Whatever smile she had been wearing then seemed to run away from her face as her brow furrowed inquisitively, “And what exactly makes you think I am someone of enough importance to notice the disappearance of and warrant the ignition of war?”  The shadow cast down by a cloud passing before the sun moves away from lines of her face, seemingly highlighting the one-sided grin that re-grew there.   “You’re right though.  I’m Breckin, a Leviathan advisor.  And I’m going to go ahead and blame my clouded judgement for that one on whatever that annoying attractiveness is you seem to possess.”

The heated sun upon the pattern of her contrasting back had nearly whisked all the water away from her, leaving her skin feeling tight and itchy.  The alabaster locks of her mane lay twisted and knotted along of the broad of her neck with the bright blue of the feather clinging to her tresses taking on a jagged appearance after becoming saturated.  The sensation of dried salt irritating her skin was enough to spur the leopard mare into further movement, choosing to circle the sea worn stallion in a loose circle, as her dark eyes appraised him from a closer vantage point.  ”That’s a horrible answer and I’m entirely unsatisfied with it,” she chastises in response to his vague answer of her inquiry.  Breckin continues her slow pattern one more time, with furrowed brows and steady concentration, as if the mere act of studying his physicalities would give her the answer she so craved.    

Still unsatisfied and slightly put-off by how much time she had already wasted on the beach, she passes behind him a final time, before moving further up the sloping sand and closer to the jungle  so as to place him between her and the ocean’s edge.  If he really was a sea predator, she wasn’t about to linger closer to the realm he was most comfortable in.

Easing herself to a halt a few paces away, she rounded back towards him, ”Friendly seamonster sounds like one helluvan oxymoron, though you’ve given me no reason to believe that you aren’t friendly. Would you like to be more straightforward with me now then for clarification's sake?  Should I or shouldn’t I have reason to fear you…,” her dark eyes move to align with his as a smile drawn with amusement grows a degree larger, ”Seamonster?”

@[Ivar]  she's clearly struggling here.  Part of her wants to run far away, part of her wants to find out what the hell he is. Poor dear.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just a girl taking too many chances [anyone] - by Breckin - 07-01-2018, 02:54 PM