• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just a girl taking too many chances [anyone]
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    ‘Are you one of the Brothers?’ she asks. Ivar’s mouth, previously pulled in a thin line, twirls into a grin at the question. It transform his demeanor entirely: from an distant and ethereally beautiful creature to something far more approachable.

“I, uh, am not. Fortunately.” The last word is paired with a playful raise of his brow. Though he knows the Brotherhood has reformed on the main island of Ischia, Ivar has never paid them any mind. They are too busy doing whatever it is the Brotherhood does to pay attention to the trio of equines who call the western-most little island home. “Unless you were looking for one?” Asks the kelpie, his head titled a bit to the side as she draws a little closer. “In that case, I suppose it would be unfortunate. For you, at least.”

Ivar cannot tell if she is really paying attention to what he is saying; her eyes do wander. The kelpie is not perturbed by either possibility. He shifts his weight before rolling his shoulders back, keeping one keen golden eye on the spotted mare to see if she reacts. The words she say don’t give him any indication, but he is amused by her ‘que sera sera’ attitude toward the ocean’s predators.

“What if no one sees you go down?” he asks. “They’ll assume something happened to you on your journey. Given the amount of royal traffic that’s stopped by recently I assume there has to be some war is brewing? I can see some battle-happy leader deciding your disappearance was an act of war. Who is it this time? Sylva again? Maybe those Tephrans got tired of all that sulfur and are making a play for some more valuable land?”

Despite the nature of his questions, the tricolored kelpie gives no indication that he is invested in knowing the answers. His tone is flippant, though his eyes do flick between the mare and their surroundings in the manner of one well-accustomed to standing guard.

The bluntness of her next query elicits a brief laugh, and the scaled creature shrugs innocently. “Who me? I’m no one important.” His golden gaze seeks hers, holding eye contact for a moment after his answer. “I’m just the friendly neighborhood seamonster.” Will she continue with her quick wit and amusing bluntness and call him out? 

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@[Breckin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just a girl taking too many chances [anyone] - by Ivar - 06-30-2018, 07:19 AM