• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just a girl taking too many chances [anyone]
    There was ridgidity ingrained in her stance while she surveyed her surroundings.  No scents, sounds, or movement assaulted her senses, and she had at last become contented to discern that she was alone only after what felt like a small eternity had passed by her impatiently.  But there had been no relaxations or dropping of her guard in her surveillance, she would not allow herself that luxury today, so she is not entirely surprised when a deep voice resounds in a single flickering lobe.  Though someone is there, she doesn't turn to look in his direction immediately, no, she takes a full minute to sigh raggedly while cursing herself to hell and back.

When finished, the depths of dark pupils turn to assess whoever chose to expose themselves.  Breckin had never seen him before, trying to recall if he had been at the gathering when Brennen had been instated with the crown of Ischia, yet no recollection presented itself.  That was not to say of course, that the Brotherhood's numbers hadn't grown since she'd last set foot on the isle, and truely for their sake she hoped they had.  

"Are you one of the Brothers?" she asks blandly while turning to face him directly.  On second thought, whatever his answer was, it didn't really matter.  She'd already failed to go unnoticed despite her best effort.  What would the difference make at that point, if he was or wasn't?

The crash of waves next to her nearly drowns his words upon her straining ears, but she manages to catch them all the same.  Perhaps against better judgement, Breckin takes a few steps closer to where the stallion stood.  Whatever type of encounter this was going to be, might as well get along with it so she could carry on with her goal for the day.  Of course, she could have just walked away, but she'd always hail to the beckoning call of the Mistress Curiosity.  

Stopping with a still a few horse lengths buffter between them, her eyes narrow appraisingling at the interesting color combination that weaves upon his skin, eyes lingering longer than necessary upon the length of his dreadlocked mane, noting its water-heavy appearence.  He'd come from the sea, she was quick to assume; no wonder he was able to suddenly appear in the smallest of time frames from her previously roving eyes.  Is that what you are then? Come at the beacon of fresh blood?, she asks within the safety of her own mind as a half-hearted sneer twitches at the corner of her mouth.

Her body was tired and her mind even moreso, and all desire for exchanging niceties and adorning false politeness had been stripped away by the undertow she had fought against.  "I'll take my chances, let them come for me.  Should I come to face any and fail to survive, at least I will become useful as a bad example."  His point had been valid, but again, it did not matter to her; even if she couldn't complete her objective, she would be gone again with the receding of the next low tide.

"You're unaturally attractive and it's annoyingling distractive.  What's your deal?" she asks of him bluntly, unable to swallow the flurry of questions brought on by his sudden appearance any longer.  There would be no thin veil of diplomacy to conceal her today.

@[Ivar]

That's cool, I'll just blame @[Vanilla Custard] if Breckin manages to get herself into too much trouble. ((JK JK I love you Nilla Bean, you beautiful creature, and I think that was a wonderful suggestion))

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just a girl taking too many chances [anyone] - by Breckin - 06-26-2018, 01:52 PM