• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just a girl taking too many chances [anyone]
    I V A R
    promising everything i do not mean
    It is not often that the sea creature comes this near to the main island. There are too many nosy residents, and there is already plenty on their islet to keep the kelpie occupied.  Today is a rare exception to that, and the blue, gold, and white stallion had found himself drifting idly a few inches above the seafloor with nothing to do. Kylin was busy with Kyveli, doing whatever dull things that landlocked creatures do, and there is not enough time between now and sunset for him to make a satisfactory trip to Nerine.

The clear memory of what he cannot have is enough to temper his bitterness, and there is already a half-smile on his handsome mouth when he tastes the blood in the water.

It is equine; he knows this in an instant.

Trailing the source is as easy as identifying it, and the kelpie makes his way through the clear water, propelled by a long tail and sapphire blue fins. The golden scales that separate the blue of his piebald coat from the white glitter brightly in the light that filters down to the seafloor, and they are just as brilliant when he emerges in the shallows, shedding water from his scaled hide and dark dreadlocked mane a few dozen yards from the spotted mare.

“You’re going to draw sharks with that,” he says mildly. The kelpie turns his head curiously, a motion that ripples that plentiful lean muscles of his shape that has shifted to a more familiar four-legged body as he emerged from the water. “It’ll make your return trip to…” a pause, and an inhale “Nerine that much more dangerous.” There’s no definitive expression on the stallion’s pale face (he’s certainly no offended border guard ready to drive her off) and if anything he comes off as slightly less than truly concerned for her wellbeing despite what he has said.

I know my lies could not make you believe
    in my dark times, baby this is all I could be
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@[Breckin]
    @[Vanilla Custard] tagged me/Ivar so this is her fault :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just a girl taking too many chances [anyone] - by Ivar - 06-25-2018, 07:40 PM