• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia}
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

It all happens so quickly and just how, escapes my naive mind.  The only thing I remember is leaping in after my sister and the dull roaring of waves around me(us).  Just what happens next is a mystery to me.  I can feel the light breaths rising and lowering my midsection as I lay still upon the lava rock of my home.  

Muffled voices surround me and draw me back from the light that extends into the darkness I have fallen into.  I see memories of my young life, my sister, mother, father.  They are all there with me in a mirage of my mind.  I try to speak but no words leave my moving lips.  The muscles in my face tighten to show my distress but my eyes remain unopened.  That's when I feel the soft, and familiar, caress of my mothers muzzle upon my dished profile.  So many times before I have felt this touch soothing my worries away.  I see her face then, in my mind mirages.  It is the hardened lines of years gone by, the softest of eyes, and a strength unmatched by any I've known. 

Mother. 

"Momma."  The singular word is weak as it slips through my dried lips.  Lashes flutter open hesitantly, the light of the day bore into them without forgiveness.  Slowly vision clears to reveal the sight of my family around me; momma, papa, sissy and two others I have never met before but the one looked familiar.  "Ketzia!" I say with more vigor. "A..are you ok?"  My strength slowly gains and I manage to lift my head with a slight wobble.  Blinking a few times clears any fogginess left behind by the ordeal...

@[Ketzia] I will do K now and close this thread..?

Messages In This Thread
    Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-05-2018, 08:02 AM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-15-2018, 06:29 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-22-2018, 10:02 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 06-29-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia} - by Kove - 07-19-2018, 08:10 PM