• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    For all that he has never experienced fear, I indeed have. The knowledge of one's own death by the hands of a life not yet even fully formed tends to cast a shadow over one's ability to maintain positivity and confidence; not that Ivar would know. Or not that I would imagine he knows; by his dark gaze and the expert subtleties of his body language and normal language too, I can only guess that he's sired half of Beqanna. Or that he wants to, anyway.

Of course, I don't catch the way his fanged teeth reach for my throat as darkness embraces us; I have no way of understanding my true danger, for in my dream world, it's as if nothing can touch me.

Except - except him.

A shock runs through me that I'd not expected as his fingers deftly entangle in mine. When he pulls me closer, possessive and skin to skin and effortless, my breath catches. As if one's breath could catch under water, and yet mine does. Make it colder, he commands, and it's as if there's nothing between my powers and his will. Around us, the water's temperature plummets, and across my every surface, goose bumps rise.

Words tingle at the edges of my lips, but the weight of his hand sliding across my shoulder and throat latch silence them. My eyes blink and widen in confusion and surprise - he's catching me off guard, he's taking advantage of me, he's - but in the next moment, my mouth pops open from the pressure of his grasp. The glimmering darkness of the ocean is nothing compared to the darkness behind his eyes, tempting and gorgeous and there.

Stop me.

Two emotions rise up within me with the ferocity of starving wolves next to carrion. One wants desperately to taste each individual bud of Ivar's tongue, while the other screams in outrage at this intense and unexpected onslaught of temptation against me. As the voices in my head caterwaul, my body becomes frozen, drifting closer and closer to Ivar as my breath remains caught in my water-filled chest.

I love you.
    It's neither of the voices in my head; instead, it's hers. And by god, her voice will always hold more weight than any of mine combined.

The heartbeat before our lips collide, the world around us snaps. The water surrounding Ivar suddenly drops as if from an enormous and instantaneous cloud, though I remain suspended in the water. His pale figure lands with a hard thud against the concrete ground I place beneath him. I do nothing to soften the blow, nor do I allow him an inch of my powers. The darkness of my expression has lost it's playful nature; for though this is a game, I'll be damned if I lose.

"I told you you would be powerless," I snarl lowly through clenched teeth. Along each of his fingers, the atoms of skin suddenly tear; gruesomely, the flaps tear back with an agonizing slowness until a half inch of raw flesh is exposed. The concrete already takes on the red hue of his mortal blood; I try not to listen to whatever noises he makes.

"Beg," I whisper, jaw unclenching as a smile unfurls across the lush curve of my lips. "And I will make it stop." My finger flicks in the cold water, and half of his fingers receive another full inch of flaying.

Perhaps this will teach him not to pursue queens so goddamn adamantly.

@[Ivar] I will 612% change this if anything doesnt sit right :| but kag is aNGRY
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - kagerus - by Kagerus - 06-21-2018, 08:47 PM