• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New Surroundings
    I was told to try and come here?

quote can go here

Latara walked into the new surroundings, her tired son trailed behind her. They had been walking for years it seems. They were once members of the Golden Plains but the herd stallion has abandoned the herd. She didnt think that was a good place to grow a baby. And have another on the way. She was heavily pregnant with her second baby, she thought if she had another it would keep her busy.

She walked into the dried surroundings, she looked around there seemed to be alot of horse activity here. Was this a good place to be? If there was alot of my kind here then there must be a reason they are here. She looked at her month old son. He was growing bigger and stronger but we will had no home yet. She kept her son close to her though as she was entering a new area that she wasnt familiar with.

quote can go here
    Latara
    I know each of the residents of the Orange Country; it is my responsibility to. So when I see two unfamiliar figures between the trees of the orange grove, I am instantly alert. Though there are no natural predators to horses here, the possibility that a rogue stallion might attempt to steal away my family grows higher every day. I am not the only stallion with a herd anymore, it seems, but I have no intention of losing it.

I move toward the strangers quickly, unafraid and imposing. I have inherited both the height and heavy build of my Percheron father, and at eighteen hands high I have the advantage over most horses I come across. Rather than the midnight black hide of my sire, I posses my mother's spots, a smattering of chestnut on my otherwise pale coat. My impressive figure is complete with spiraling black rams horns, a benefit of my service to the Desert.

If these interlopers are here to cause trouble, I am willing to bet that once they see what they are dealing with they will turn tail and run.

But as I draw closer, weaving through the groves of citrus trees, I see that this is no pair of bachelor stallions. One is far smaller than the other - clearly a young foal - and the older horse is a mare, his mother. Pacified, I approach with a friendly smile, wondering what might have brought them to my herdland.

"Hello there," I say, stopping close enough to converse, but not so near as to threaten their safety. "I'm Kreios. What brings you to my herdland?" My tone is friendly and gentle, and my ears prick forward curiously as I wait for a response.
    She was looking at her colt. Trying to consol him he was upset that we hadnt found a new home yet. I was starting to feel like i was a bad mother. With a foal on the ground and one coming. Did she make mistake somewhere? She never thought life for them would be so difficult. While talking to her son, she got a unfamiliar smell. It was a smell of someone coming. Before she knew it they had company. She turned and faced who was standing there and it was a huge figure. Taller then she was, she felt alittle intimidated at first.

Mishka came out from behind me. He saw the big figure and walked right up to him. Hello Mister.. Im Mishka and this is my mother Latara. He wasnt the shy foal he once was. Latara really is going to have her handsfull with him. His mother stepped forward trying to keep her son from being pushy she didnt want him to scare anyone away from being too forward. She placed her muzzle on her sons back to get him to stop talking. Thank you my son she laughed. Yes my name is Latara. She looked at the big figure before her, sorry to trespass but we been looking for a home for months, and we were told to try here. She lowered her head to bow in respect of this stallion. Its a pleasure to meet you Krieos.

She stood before him looking tired and worn out. He was twice her size which made her. Usually she ran strangers off who were too close to her son but he had a mind of his own already and there was little she could do to keep him from danger. She stamped her foot and her head swung around and nibbled at her side. Her precious cargo was kicking making her uncomfortable. Hopefully this stallion wasnt upset that she was carrying another stallions foal. But it was from the great stallion Covet, this foal should be a strong and good addition to anyones herd.

kreios

don't you tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash

The colt is the first to approach me, and it would be false to say that I do not find him immediately appealing. He is small and brave – the exact opposite of myself as a child. Lowering my head to his level, I extend my pale muzzle in greeting, intending to bump his nose with mine if he does not withdraw.

The colt’s mother touches him, presumably embarrassed by his forward nature, but I only smile, hoping to appease her. “No need to apologize,” I say, “It’s a pleasure to meet you both.” I glance back at the colt and add that “Mishka, I have a son about your age. He’s been needing a playmate; do you think you’d like that?”

It’s hard to miss the wide belly of the colt’s mother. Despite having a young foal at her side she is clearly pregnant. I am curious who the father is and why he has not stayed with the mother of his child, but it is not my place to pry into her personal life. Perhaps she will tell me in the future, but for now I do not force her to divulge her secrets. “You are all welcome to stay,” I tell Latara, making sure that she knows I am including her unborn child in my offer of a home. “I am sure the other mares here would enjoy the company.”