• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan)

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    Leilan does not wonder where Drustan came from. His siblings all have lives of their own, and it is only good that they at least have some joy in their lives or at least, he hopes that such is what leads to babies running around and even if not, the joy of having a child has not yet come to pass for him, but he imagines a lot of love would be involved whatever had caused the baby to exist.

The blue roan colt takes after his mother, but the silver bay and gold wonders if perhaps he also takes after his grandfather; which would mean he would also take after himself in a way, because rough-and-tumble is what he remembers from his sire before the stolen twin and loss of his wife had him decide to leave the world of the living just like Scorch. That man always cared too much, Leilan thinks, and he wonders sometimes if he will ever fall for the same kind of trap that life might lay out for him, or if he forever will be the uncle with no other purpose in life than bother his sisters and their offspring.

He hasn’t seen all of them for a long time, really. So he nods to Vi’s comment. ”Me neither. I’ve managed to meet with some of Noori’s kids a while back, Trekori and Takei in Ischia. And I hope to see Nihlus there sometime too, but he has a new boytoy so I doubt it. Not gonna sit around and wait for him all day. But besides you, I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing anyone yet. But perhaps my time Beyond has caused them to roam away and age just as much.” As much as she anyway. Scorch had apparently been dead for decades, where for him only months had passed and he wonders if his brother is even still alive or if he has died of old age. ”I wonder how old Wrynn is these days.” She could well turn out to be his elder just like Vi. Perhaps he should look more actively for her. But then again, she may not even be in Beqanna and when does he ever have time?

But today, his newest family member distracts him with a sullen look followed by a happy smile when the light catches his own mane. He grins at that, feeling a bit sorry that Vi is not able to see it. ”Ah, yes. I should have told you about my little adventure with the golden goddess. She is wholly made of gold like this, and she called us together for some games. Your grandma participated in those, too. Ask her about it. We came out almost equal, but as you can see from the gold, my team bested hers eventually.” He honestly would have heard it forever if he’d come in second after her, he’s quite certain. ”She also gave me a funny trick, want me to try it?” he asks the young boy. His Aura would be something Vi could feel too, that would be good; he doesn’t to exclude her for being nearly blind
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Vi] @[Drustan]
    Sorry if it’s all over the place Tongue
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Leilan - 05-22-2018, 03:34 PM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Vi - 05-23-2018, 06:47 PM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Drustan - 05-26-2018, 11:29 AM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Leilan - 05-26-2018, 11:58 AM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Vi - 05-28-2018, 09:16 AM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Drustan - 06-04-2018, 01:37 PM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Leilan - 06-08-2018, 08:14 AM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Vi - 06-11-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Drustan - 06-22-2018, 03:46 PM
    RE: Queen of birds; Vi (Drustan) - by Leilan - 06-29-2018, 02:39 PM