• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kids sure like the devil these days [warrick/longclaw/any]
    The grizzled old shifter is late to this party, though his intentions hadn’t been to show up at all. He wanders Tephra like a lost child these days, slipping in and out of the present while keeping mostly to himself. Longclaw’s children are gone, his herd disbanded some time ago although he suspects the golden canary is around somewhere - their daughter (another wolf) he’s seen plenty.

So when the raucous clatter of horses gathering and the light banter of introductions reaches his ears, Longclaw is intent on turning aside and slinking off into the humid jungle again. It was best for everyone, and when he glances at them from afar to see Warrick and Wound it spurs him to disappear all the more rapidly -

Until he sees Ajatar.

His blue legs suddenly lock, stopping Claw in his tracks before he can make his unknown escape. The warg switches eyes, trading his less effective set for a pair of wolf-enhanced ones and then he sees her clearly enough to know for certain. It coudn’t be anyone else, but the golden mare she travels with is a stranger. Why wasn’t the dark girl speaking, or asking for him? Why had they come to Tephra at all?

Against better judgement he twists around and trots to join them, nodding respectively in Warrick’s direction before inserting himself at the foremost point of the group. “Ajatar.” He barks, head turning and eyes focusing on the dead-looking expression cloaking her face. For a second his attention flickers to the palomino, but then, “You came back? Did you miss me?” Claw jokes, the flickering embers of his old personality sparking again.

This is wrong, he knows - Warrick wasn’t one to be interrupted (Wound would forgive him and the other stallion he doesn’t recognize,) but it also seems wrong not to insert himself - She saved his life, once.

----

ooc: I know I'm late to this and I'm so sorry but I just now saw it
    [Image: sScEgld.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: kids sure like the devil these days [warrick/longclaw/any] - by Longclaw - 05-24-2018, 11:35 AM