• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's no remedy for memory; hephaestus

I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
    your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head.

Erinys had never risked leaving the confided safe haven she had built for herself between the forest and meadow. It was always there she knew she could return to without the eyes of the world watching her—she didn’t care to be looked upon or judged. As always, she thought it was best to remain away from the eyes of others.

She, however, her constant worry of others judging her, had a strength within her. It was a power that had aided her in surviving when she was left to fend from the world on her own. Erinys only knows how to care for herself—not in a selfish way, but because she only knows how to care for the only person she truly has come to know. But something changed when she met Hephaestus, something within her was planted and started to grow.

“Erinys?”

Her heart jumps out of her chest for a moment. The inked mare turns her head into his direction, brightly burnt amber eyes quickly find the one she had been looking for. She smiles softly at him. It’s all to natural the way her smile grows when she sees him, when she takes in everything that he is.

It’s now she realizes his question in her name. A question that is obvious enough for the way he speaks it in her name. He didn’t need to even show or ask it—she knew it already. She knew it would come up.

How silly could she have been though. Maybe I shouldn’t have come, she thinks. The idea of it all seems rather silly now. He didn’t invite her to come and visit. She had come on her own accord, welcomed herself without even asking if she could see him again. Foolish girl, she thinks.

“I-I,” she looks away from him for a moment, her smile fading. “I wanted to see you,” she finally says, softly, her amber eyes once more find his own gaze.

Erinys
    pazuzu x ripley
    html © shelbi | character info: here | character reference: here

@[Hephaestus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's no remedy for memory; hephaestus - by Erinys - 05-26-2018, 01:08 PM