• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Throw it all in my face [{Merida}]

Our skin gets thicker, living out in the snow

CREVAN

Ever resistant, the shrill peal of Merida’s snarl in response to Crevan’s light-hearted nudge could easily be interpreted as a warning. The large wolf gives her a looking-over, a bright flash of amusement sparking in his otherwise dark gaze when she snaps her angular head upwards to defy his declaration on her feelings with a tart response of her own.

They are creatures incapable of discussing love, it would seem.

For once, disbelief and mute anger silence the immortal shifter. Everything in him strains against common sense, urging him to snap back with the improbability of such a statement. They were skin-changers, creatures of another breed and shape … together they were capable of anything, and now this vixen is cowed by things like emotions? It’s unlike her, and the instant rejection nettles the male wolf enough that he jerks upwards from their intimate position in order to slink a few paces away.

Like poisoned darts, Merida’s accusations find purchase between the shifters ribs and Crevan flattens his ears to her. It was hard to understand where such animosity had come from. If there was nothing, no one else … then why not him? Was she more inclined to female companionship, or was he just that repulsive? No, he thinks, prowling back and forth as the memory of Lace’s intrigued eyes took hold of his face, you’re not unseemly.

So what was it, then?

The she-fox speaks up again, and what she says gives him reason to pause and grow still. Around them the calm silence of the Forest seems to dim, a bright light pouring from the canopy above them in darting rays as Crevan tilts his grand head to look at her once more. He watches the way her lips fade into a smile, one that illuminates the uncertain glow in her eyes as they stare each other down. Despite it all, the hot flash of prideful anger in his chest fades and a sigh slips between his pointed teeth. “You stubborn nymph.” He growls, hardly able to stifle the sudden leer that twists his lips.

“Think what you’d like,” He shrugs, nonchalantly, “I doubt that if I -” He says, stopping as if lightning has suddenly struck him dumb. Not like this. He thinks, Not like this …

A sly grin widens his mouth and Crevan twists to face the other shifter, padding slowly ahead until the fine details of her charming face can easily be discerned. “I’ve never seen you as a horse, you know.” He teases, a wicked flame burning at the center of his vision, “I wonder if I’d love you then.”

@[Merida] I don't even care that this thread now spans two seasons

Messages In This Thread
    Throw it all in my face [{Merida}] - by Crevan - 05-08-2018, 09:31 PM
    RE: Throw it all in my face [{Merida}] - by Crevan - 05-23-2018, 12:36 PM