• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Baltas, any
    Ilma picks up the fine threads of the conversation where I'd deftly left them for her, further explaining the caste system and how it is open and free to interpretation. A gentle smile colours my expression as I listen to her lilting tones, lifting my nose to smell the first of the winter breezes drifting past us. The snow below has gotten thicker since we are much more north in Beqanna now, but our thick coats are well adjusted for the weather, and Baltas shows no sign of being cold.

"One caste is absolutely fine, Baltas, and you may tell either of us which one you prefer." I smile softly. "And of course you may join a second caste whenever you feel that you have your wits about you."

Before long, the angelic white mare is going on to talk about magic, and I look back to the two alabaster figures rather sheepishly. Ah, well, I'll have some questions to answer. And they come rather swiftly from the perceptive Baltas, leaving me smiling into the darkness. I thought I'd fooled him! Ah, a shame. But really, it's a good segue into the intricate, tangled ways of Beqanna's magic. There's lots for the stallion to learn, and it's best he start doing so now.

"I hope you don't mind the small deception, Baltas," I begin in a cheerful tone, pressing my nose to his shoulder as we walk in way of small apology. "But no, to answer your question, not every horse can make things materialize. I happen to be able to manipulate dreams - and so if I dream my horn away, it will vanish in real life for a few hours. I can summon things too, like wings." And life, I want to add - but that might be a little too advanced for tonight's conversation.

"Beqanna is our source of magic - She is alive, though most of the time you can only tell by the magic you see in others. There are many, many kinds of magics - and it is best to try to accept that early on. Solace, our queen, has light beam emission; the queen of Nerine, Hestia, has and exoskeleton and wings made of fire; I have met witches, and demons, and mages." I pause for a breath, continuing thoughtfully. "And truth be told, I was born with only immortality - Beqanna is keen to give those willing to prove themselves magics beyond compare. You needn't feel excluded or any of that. Many horses go without magic - but if you are ever interested, there will be many times when you will be able to prove yourself worthy of it, should you choose to."

Quieting after this long spiel, I look over Baltas' shoulder to Ilma, wondering if she has anything more to add. The lake is quickly approaching, and as the clouds part, moonlight strikes my skin: and suddenly, I am covered head to toe in shimmering clouded-leopard spots. Right - there's that about me, too.

@[Ilma]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Baltas, any - by Kagerus - 05-08-2018, 01:53 AM