• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Sabra, Lavendel]
    Jesper permits his long-lashed eyelids to stay closed over light blue gaze during and, for several breaths following, the kiss. Her embrace offered a warmth he had never felt before, in a place he did know had the ability to feel. His normal cardiac rhythm flutters for a moment and then, begins to increase in intensity and, frequency. Facial features soften as the stress-induced tension dissipates from his taut cheeks, pulsing jowl and, furrowed brow, with her touch. It was a magic Jesper knew nothing about and yet, felt so right. Ebony stag lingers there, tufted lobes filtering out everything but their matched breaths and, his heart pounding inside his chest.

The moment ends with her soft words and, Jesper slowly pulls himself out of the trance she induced moments ago. Bronze-tipped ears hone in on her words and, he listens carefully. He detects the pain in her tone and, senses her torn emotions. He lowers his poll slightly and, steps forward to gently press his muzzle to her cheek. He offered the gesture as reassurance that he understood how she felt. Stepping back, male finds his voice and, speaks in a gentle tone.

"You would follow me to Ischia?" After the words leave his maw, he realizes that, by the look in her eyes, she would probably follow him anywhere. He offers a soft smile before he continues. "I will not force you to stay here, dear. Nor will I force you to live in misery. I trust Brennen would never allow evil to permeate the island so, who is to say Hyaline is the safest place? I am sure you will find your place within the Brotherhood. We spoke of our creed and, established that women are welcome to earn ranks, just as the men do."

With that being said, Jesper pauses to study her facade. He hoped to offer her some affirmation in her choice. Although he is certain he made his support for her desires clear, he felt that he needed to make something else clear as well. "Lamb, I would like for you to know that I, too, hated not knowing where you were; not knowing if you were safe. I do not know what will happen to Beqanna in the near future but, I would regret not telling you that, I care for you, deeply. I love you." 

Perhaps this was too early. Perhaps, she did not feel quite that strong about him.

Jesper could handle the disappointment, any rejection, better than knowing she found out too late. He just could not chance it.

@[Lavendel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: searching for myself [Sabra, Lavendel] - by Jesper - 05-01-2018, 10:52 PM