• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin
    As she breaks, he moves closer, like he wants to comfort her, but doesn’t know how to. The act alone makes Kylin smile weakly (due to the tears still pooling in her eyes), and in return she extends her neck to close a little more of the distance between them, an invitation to come closer. Oh, how much she longs for him to drape one of those golden wings across her back, and pull her in close. It would allow her to let her heart pretend, only for a short moment, that he is someone else. But he is not. And Klaudius isn’t here. And realising just that cause a couple of tears to roll down her cheek. So instead of wishing for his wings, Kylin offers Trekori her nose.

“Thank you.. but.. but don’t be..” she murmurs softly, voice thick with emotion. It is followed by a quick shake of her dished head, her eyes closing as she wills the tears away. She does not want to be the sad lady dweller any longer. Kylin has enough of her tears, of her weak heart, even though it does not seem to be reigned or ruled. “They chose to leave.. not me.” In other words: it was all their mistake, not hers.

Did she just imagine it or did his horn seem to glow a little brighter now, than before? Curiously Kylin blinks her hazel eyes, head tipping to the side ever so slightly, and she cannot stop the corners of her lips from curling up. What a sight! Amazing. But Trekori does not allow her to focus on it a little longer.

The words settle in slowly, and all the time she is looking at him, but not really at the same time. Is it really true. Would they have her, simply because she has lived her long before them? That wouldn’t be a very solid foundation, would it? After all, her loyalty is to Ischia, and not the Brotherhood, or any other leadership – since her father and queen Ea. “I.. I really want to stay.. Trekori.. Ischia is my home.” Perhaps not the right reasoning to join the ranks, but if that would mean she could stay, well, it wasn’t a big sacrifice to make. And perhaps, in due time, she would feel at home within the Brotherhood too.

Insecurity is all in her eyes as her eyes search his, tongue slipping past her lips to wet them, in a nervous gesture.

@[Trekori]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin - by Kylin - 05-14-2018, 02:10 PM