• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin
    How could she not worry? It is not like she expects the Brotherhood to send her away, but that does not mean her heart does not fear it. Feelings don’t have to be wise. Feelings just are. And right now, Kylin’s are all over the place. The idea of losing Ischia is scarier than she would ever have thought before.

His muttered words are met with silence, and a pair of surprised widening hazel eyes. Yes he is young, and yes she might feel so nervous that she is too serious about this, but his words are something she had not expected. Then slowly a smile starts to tug at the corners of her lips, until she offers Trekori a smile in return. “I guess I am..” she murmurs back, somewhat recovered from her initial shock.

She finds herself nodding slightly. “He has..” she agrees, there simply was no way that she could deny the truth. Brennen has lived on Ischia for quite a couple of years, first under Circinae’s lead, then Krone’s. When he had first arrived on the island Kylin had only been two years old.

What happens next is very much the opposite of what she feared. Her dished head tilts a little to the side and her fins are pulled tightly against her sides as Trekori tells her that she – as a female – could very much be part of the Brotherhood. She blinks her hazel eyes at him, surprised and speechless, and not even attempting to interrupt him.

It is impossible to stop her eyes from tearing up. Her heart aches, not because his words offend her, but simply because Kylin knows it is true. With difficulty she looks away, and scrapes he left foreleg through the sand. Something she does unconsciously, and gives away how uncomfortable she feels. Not because of his presence, but because of the inner tumult his words caused. “I.. I miss them..” she confesses, murmuring softly. “But they.. they left..” Like Kharon, like Ivar, and everybody else. The difference was that they, or Klaudius to be more specific, had asked her to come along. Asked her to leave Ischia, the only stable thing in her life. Ever.

A few deep breaths, and a couple of self-curses later, she turns back to look at the colt. For a moment her eyes linger on his wings. Wings, like Klaudius’, like Kharon’s. But no, focus on something else. His horn, glowing and pretty, and nothing that reminds her of those she does not have. “Is there truly a place for me?” Among your rank? Though Kylin would simply be content to be allowed to live there too.

@[Trekori] Sorry the wait! My muse has been really tricky..

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin - by Kylin - 05-07-2018, 03:45 PM