• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

I watch curiously as the girl I approach moves through an array of emotions quickly enough that it nearly gives me whiplash. Excitement, then disappointment, then fear; do I have something in my teeth? I run my tongue over said bones, but, no grass stuck there. All I know is that she'd whinnied in greeting, and I'd liked the sound of it coming from her lavender mouth - but now she's all demure and flicking-ears, soft and worried.

Her words come slowly and stutteringly, so I do not press her for any more information than she's willing to give. Eventually, all of it does come out, and though the Brother in me balks at the way she's so possessive of Ischia when clearly it belongs to all of us, I hear her out and don't lash out as I might have with someone more stolid.

My wings flutter at my side, and then press to me like a blanket the same way that hers do. "You're as purple as my eyes," I mutter absent-mindedly, tilting my head to gaze at her with a little smile on my lips. Catching myself being bird-ish and weird, I cough and shake my head. "Ahem. My name is Trekori, and Brennen recruited me, though he has lived here for many many years if I am not mistaken." I can't say for sure whether this mare is right or if she is mistaken, but I decide not to argue the point, as it's too arbitrary to really matter.

"I'm a part of the Brotherhood now, and it feels good to belong." I tilt my head towards her and offer her another smile, more genuine and extroverted this time. "You could too, if you find that you don't mind us men. We accept female Brothers. And you clearly have a strong devotion to Ischia - it's only a leap step and a bound away to being devoted to those who live here."

And, as I gaze upon her, my smile lessens some. This is one thing that I cannot help but to say to her. "I mean no offense, but you obviously aren't devoted to those who used to live here; or else you would have left with them. It's just a thought."

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin - by Trekori - 04-30-2018, 10:30 PM