• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Blood is Thicker than Water [Trekori]

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

She might be too scared to leave her home, but I sure as hell am not.

The journey from Ischia to Tephra is a short one, at least for me. With the thermals beneath my golden wings, I whisk from island to coastal kingdom in no time, the daunting, mesmerizing water beneath me flowing past without pause. Although some days I might play with gliding low over the waters and dragging my hooves through them, today I travel with an intent, the glow of my horn strong despite the full daylight.

When I find her with my too-keen dragon eyes, I breathe a sigh of relief - she stands near enough to the border that, if one of their representatives caught us, I could play it off as something other than it is. Swallowing back the nerves that suddenly decide to erupt in my stomach when I realize that now's the time to swoop down and see her again face to face, I descend from the heavens and land quietly not far from where she stands, eyes caught on where Ischia lays just beyond the horizon...

"Karat!" Her name is a shout-whisper, and I trot to close the distance between us, feeling that same feeling as the first - and last - time I'd seen her. Gods she is pretty - and she smells like Wishbone had when I'd been barely months old, like ash and sea-squirrels and temptation. Without thinking, I'm pressing my cool, sooty nose to her lavender one, and then sliding the touch up the length of her face, nostrils shaking as the nerves overcome me; I'm here, touching her, in a kingdom I'm trespassing in. It's almost too much for me - but I push on.

"Karat," I say again, not whispering, but low enough that her twin who I trust to be not far off will not hear. "I've stolen you to Ischia, for a year." A split second passes when I try to lie so blatantly - but as I stare into her dark eyes, a tremor makes me shake out my mane - and shake out the truth, too. "Or at least, I've tried, and I'm waiting to see if it's a success - but even if it's not, I'm taking you back to Ischia with me."

It's a demanding statement, but I say it with the most earnest, heartfelt smile I've ever known upon my own lips. I'm stepping closer to her again, shuffling my wings, hoping against hope that she'll accompany me home.

"You were a princess there once... And you can be one again. My princess. My jewel..."

KORI'S GOT THE HOTS.
    @[Neo.n]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Trekori] - by Trekori - 04-23-2018, 11:17 PM