• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

best have your wits about you
    Until the arrival of Arthas, my time had been divided into three categories: alone, with Mother, or with Uncle Castile. Breifly there was some overlap in the latter tow categories, and sometimes I played near enough to Kuma, Imperial, and their children to almost be considered spending time with them, but those times were few and far between.

It wouldn't surprise me to know that the rest of Beqanna was aware that Loess was ruled by a child, but while they might know me by name I am at least anonymous in my appearance. Anonymous in my current situation as well; I only know that I am a peace offering between the kingdoms of Sylva and Loess. No one else could possibly know otherwise, except perhaps the kings involved, and they are likely to keep their council to themselves.

The spotted mare does not answer me, but rather allows the black horse to take the lead. Recognizing what appears to be deference, I too focus on the bronze-haired stallion. He seems more agreeable to conversation, though I do cast once more glance make to the purple spotted mare, wondering why a kingdom would send a diplomat who did not want to take much.

"Hello Jesper," I reply, offering him the gracious smile that Mother had made sure that I perfected. Is is accompanied by another skill learned from Mother, the addition of the emotion of being welcomed, so slight as to be imperceptible. That is the way others are most comfortable with my gift, I've learned, when it is so gentle that it seems like a creation of their own minds.

He mentions a change in leadership in Ischia, and I recall the grey stallion that had brought me gifts from the sandy kingdom. "Krone isn't queen anymore?" I inquire, my soft eyes curious. But he has mentioned ranking officials, asking if i am familiar with them the way one might ask a silly child.

Well, I remind myself, that's what I had been until Arthas had seen something more in me. It's up to me to prove to the world that I am something more. Perhaps I should start by making sure they know who I am, and what I'm doing here.

"Modicum Mortem is our king," I say, careful to say his name as though I am proud of him rather than unsure if he wants to devour me when we are alone. "Would you like me to find him for you?" I offer this even though the wind has shifted, letting me know that he is closer than I had thought.

Perhaps this will prove something to him as well, I think. Perhaps he will find that having a polite, well-bred princess greeting diplomats might offer his evil kingdom a sort of protection that popping up on them and laughing maniacally from the shadows never will.

ooc edit: to clarify, Lepis has purposefully not introduced herself, and no one but she, morty, and arthas know who she is or why she is in Sylva. Her presence as a “captive” and even as the former queen of loess is a secret that no one should know about without having been told IC Smile

Messages In This Thread
    best have your wits about you - by Jesper - 04-18-2018, 10:09 PM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Lepis - 04-19-2018, 09:51 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Mosrael - 04-20-2018, 07:22 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Jesper - 04-20-2018, 02:08 PM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Lepis - 04-21-2018, 04:32 PM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Mosrael - 04-22-2018, 08:50 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Jesper - 04-23-2018, 09:23 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Lepis - 04-26-2018, 06:31 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Mosrael - 04-26-2018, 09:44 AM
    RE: best have your wits about you - by Jesper - 04-26-2018, 09:20 PM