• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the ashes, a fire will be woken | jesper
    Merida
    from the ashes, a fire shall be awoken
    He is enraptured with her. It isn’t something that Merida is used to seeing - even Crevan does not show her such attention (she doesn’t with him either, for that’s not how their friendship works), so she is quietly amused by the situation she has found herself in. Her red eyes sparkle mischievously, a look of mirth on her slender snout as a prim smile pulls at her black-lined lips. His words causes her to laugh - a stifled little bark from her closed mouth. He is witty, she realizes as he jokes with her about all the things horses do. Even as he lists them out for her, though, she cannot find any reason to prefer her horse form over the one she is currently in. With a press of her chin against the whiteness of her breast, Merida stretches out a charcoal-tipped paw and playfully scrambles at the rustling of leaves between them, brought to life by the autumn’s cold wind.

“If they are,” she mulls almost boredly as she comments on the attributes that may or may not be associated with equine, “it is precisely why I am not one. I do not make friends.” She pauses, her fiery gaze snapping to his icy blue one as if challenging him to argue with her. They are not friends, however it might appear as they bask on the forest floor together, and she is sure that he will understand this when they soon depart. The late afternoon sun will soon call her to burrow in for the night, but before that she must fill her belly - and she hopes that the wolf has a meal waiting for her (she would have to fight for her scrap, of course, but she is plenty fine with that)

He pries even more, and she realizes that instead of informing him, that she has now opened him up to a world of new possibilities and endless questions. Her ears flick backwards at the realization, that perhaps she has spent to long speaking with an equine and should take her leave - cut him off and dart into the blackness of the forest with the tip of her white tail being the last thing he would see. Her instincts tell her to run, before a sort of relationship or friendship ensues, to stop yapping about herself and her secrets. He already knew her name, and her other form.

He already knows too much.

“No,” she says simply, lifting herself from the forest floor with a fluid movement of her legs. “If you want to learn what a fox does, there is no amount that I could tell you that would make it understandable.” She pauses, eye to eye with the stallion now that she is standing. “You must become a fox. Then I can help you.”

With that, the vulpine flicks her tail once before leaping past him in an agile bound, the sound of her paws loosely thumping on the cold ground until she was seen and heard no more.

@[Jesper] I wanted to wrap this up now that he is in Sylva <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the ashes, a fire will be woken | jesper - by Merida - 05-08-2018, 04:55 PM