• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the ashes, a fire will be woken | jesper
    Time seems to stand still for the ebony equine. From the moment the last words leave his lips, Jesper begins some measure of counting the length of silence between them. Bronze-tipped ears face forwards, ever ready to catch her response and funnel the words into cranium. In anticipation, chassis leans towards the vixen (as best as is possible laying down), eager for her to divulge more. Nostrils flutter casually as stallion maintains a calm rate of respiration. Aquamarine orbs hold a soft but, steady gaze with her ruby eyes. I was born an equine. Sigh escapes nasal caverns as she confirms his suspicion. All at once, relief regarding his ability to understand her is replaced with wonder and interest in the world of Beqanna. How many among him could willingly change forms as Merida does? How many other forms could an equine shift into? How is the transition? What is necessary to make the transition? Could one feel the presence of the alternative form while in the other form? His mind races with curiosity and, Jesper is caught lying there, frozen as he attempts to process this.

There is the equine and there is the fox. Her next words bring him back around and, as his ceil blue gaze begins to focus on her auburn and alabaster pelt, he realizes he let his musings take over. Soft but, sheepish, smile pulls at corners of mouth and, male wills hock-kisser to flick once or, twice, to demonstrate that he is conscious. Her comment regarding horses inability to master anything catches him slightly unaware; however, after a few moments of thought, Jesper finds the words. "I have not been a horse long enough to attest to that statement." He offers a wider smile to match her one full of fangs and, a pathetic chuckle at his own words. He then continues in a light-hearted tone. "I consider myself a master of finding and eating grasses and, also, of making friends. I am quite good at both though, perhaps those skills are not attributed to being equine."

He knew that neither of these warrant a claim to fame but, he took pride in being an equine. Of course, he did not know any other way. Her offer to be his teacher, if ever he adopts the ability to shift into a - what did she call herself? Oh right, - fox, seem genuine. All onyx steed can do in response is offer a warm smile out of appreciation. He could not be sure but, it seemed to him as though her gesture sparked from some part of her past. Intrigue sets in though, Jesper refrains from prodding. Instead, he channels their conversation into a safer direction. "Would you be so kind as to start my teachings now? What does a fox do?
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Merida]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the ashes, a fire will be woken | jesper - by Jesper - 05-06-2018, 05:19 AM