• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace

Solace

. . .

Warrick confirms what she had suspected; that Tephra had seen the same qualities in the same kingdoms which she had seen fit to align Hyaline with. 

"Good," she sighs in relief. "We too have a blood alliance with Nerine and are on good terms with the Brotherhood. I have made it clear to our allies that Hyaline's aim will be to remain neutral in any conflict...." But as she listens to his advice and sees the concern in his eyes she feels that they are both feeling a similar unrest about the type of the enemy they may face. "...but if these rumors of the darkness in Sylva are true, I don't know if I can do nothing while the innocent are tortured and children are held captive." These words are accented by a shake of her head. 

"Loess new king came to Hyaline shortly after he took the throne. His name was Arthas ad he was ready to make an alliance but unwilling to provide me with much information about his goals or his kingdoms values. I agreed to no steals or challenges for a year, so we have a tentative friendship, but no true alliance. He has been true to his word this far and we have seen little activity on our southern border."

"Castile, Nayl's son, stepped in for Ivar a year or so ago, but I have not heard anything of Ivar since then. Castile remains in Loess, even with the shift in power." Her voice catches awkwardly when she first speaks the name of her child's father, but her slip is brief.  Something had stopped her from telling Warrick all, when it came to her pregnancy. She is embarrassed that she would not be able to answer any other questions about Castile's whereabouts or feelings about the change in leadership - she always thought that if she was to bear someone's child, that they would have an understanding, and a love for each other that made them inseparable. But she had seen little of the dragon shifter over the last few months, and he didn't even know about the fact that was becoming more difficult to hide each day. 

But his final compliment brings the smile back to her lips, "Spending my childhood as your shadow taught me a few things."

@[Warrick] :]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace - by Solace - 05-13-2018, 03:46 PM