• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    He knows not of her internal struggles, and though he does not know of them he does not pretend that it is impossible for her to have any. Just as she, though her father is the great Overseer of the Tephran volcano, would understand that even if he does not share each detail of his life, that there are things that lay heavy on his head. The burden of the crown, the many children and residents that live in the shadow of the volcano that rely on him for protection and safety, or his own children and legacy. They will not talk about those things - not now, when there are other things to be joyous about. The blue-bay stallion wonders to himself who the father is, but he has never been a pressing man and would not pry the information from his daughter. He trusts Solace, and she will tell him things on her own in her own time. He smiles, her heart beaming through her words.

‘You are the first to know,’ she tells him with a mischievous smile, and he knows her smile will forever play in his mind to comfort him during the dark and stormy nights over Tephra’s seas. The conversation begins to melt into something else, and though their words drip with duty, he moves to stand beside her so that he may unfurl a navy wing to cover her. He listens to her with one navy-tipped ear tilted towards her, staring out into the depths of Hyaline and quietly pondering if he’d catch sight of his son. He nods, though his gaze remains looking out at the crystalline lake - musing thoughtfully on the times he spent there with Amet and his now-lover, which feels like eons ago.

“We seem to have allies in the same places, then. A few Ischian residents who are against Brennen’s mutiny have found refuge in Tephra. We are impartial - Brennen has followed the laws, so I do not rebuke him. But we accept all, as you well know. Our blood alliance with Nerine will certainly secure us an alliance with the brotherhood - which I fear will be needed, especially if Sylva continues in its ways. They have already struck us hard, and have stolen two of my refugees.” His mouth falls into a thin line at his words, admitting that Kwartz and Krone are no longer safe on his shores, shedding light to Solace of the current situation of Sylva. “Loess I have not heard about. Who is this king? Where is Ivar?” He now turns his eyes towards her, brow furrowing. He knows he may be asking questions that she doesn’t know the answers too - just as him, and perhaps if it had been anyone else (Brennen, or Hestia), he would not have asked them out loud. But it is Solace, and he is slightly less formal and more relaxed.

A rumbling sigh leaves his lips, the autumn wind pulling at his feathers. His embrace becomes a bit tighter, watching her carefully.  He smiles then, faintly. “Be prepared for anything, my daughter. You are wise beyond your years, trust your instincts. You will never lead yourself astray.”
    Warrick

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace - by Warrick - 05-02-2018, 04:08 PM