• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace

Solace

. . .

She savors his embrace while it lasts, a sense of well-being washing over her. They pull apart to look each other over in turn - time had made her little alterations to each of them. She notices the way his withers seem to stand a little steeper, the fine lines around his muzzle and the depth of wisdom in his deep blue eyes. She smiles, despite these changes, he was still her father, and as he speaks again she knows that he is still the same man. Not that she had expected any less of him - but three years was a long time.

There is another change in her which he does not seem to notice (for he really could not, not for several months at least) and she decides that he will be the first to know of it. She didn't how long it would be before fate brings the two rulers together again. But the furrow in his brow softens and he asks after his son before she has the nerve to tell him her news. She gladly lets the conversation detour to her brother, just for a moment. 

"You know Svedka," She laughs, "He is content wherever he happens to wake up." But then her tone grows softer, a little more serious. "Yes, he is well. He has been an enormous help to me... he makes everyone he meets feel at home." 

She pauses then, her wide eyes finding his. She draws a breath to speak, to give him what she knows will be good news, but still, she falters for a moment. Solace wishes that a faithful companion was by her side as she told her father of her first child - but she isn't sure if she wished that companion was the sire of her foal or Kagerus. 

"This spring," she begins, tentative yet smiling "You are going to be a grandfather." It was easier to say what he would be than what she would.

Solace waits for his reaction (and possibly his questions) before her look grows serious again. This only strengthens her resolve to build a better, stronger kingdom and overcome the growing evil before it can gain a foothold. 

@[Warrick] OK WELL I guess he is the first to know :]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace - by Solace - 04-23-2018, 01:49 PM