• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hello to high and dry - Modicum Mortem
    I do not like the way he laughs or the way he circles me as though I am something he has half-a-mind to devour.

The look of surprise on my face shifts slowly into a frown that wrinkles the webbing of navy blue lines across my forehead. There has been no trouble in my life until this point, nothing that had happened to me that I did not willingly assent to. My experience with voicing my desires has not been limited, but facing those who might not so easily acquiesce to my wishes is something entirely foreign.

Surely he can tell I am displeased, but he seems to have no intention of altering his behavior to make me more comfortable. The fear slips away even further as he continues to speak, telling me that he knows much of me, asking if i intend to devote myself to Sylva, if I intend to go back to Loess (though in less courteous words).

At that I draw myself up to my full height, and while I am far from tall there is an innate dignity in my bearing. I picture Mother, with her commandeering attitude, and my Seamonster who is never afraid.

"Devote myself?" I ask, peering down the length of my blazed nose with a tone that is nothing less than imperious. "What has Arthas told you about me that would make you think I would devote myself to a kingdom and a king that has done nothing but insult my homeland?"

Messages In This Thread
    hello to high and dry - Modicum Mortem - by Lepis - 04-16-2018, 04:06 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Modicum Mortem - by Lepis - 04-19-2018, 08:14 AM