• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any
    She couldn't seem to stop shivering. Feathers puffed and skin burning, fever warped the world around her into something strange. Fireflies came out, glowing blue and green and red. The pale mare watched them dreamily for a while, giggling as the little bugs touched her pelt. A pale ghost and it's shadow came into view, and the flashing lights danced a ballet around them. Her wings itched terribly all of the sudden, making her bite at them. Feathers spun to earth as she tore them out, trying to make the itching stop. It felt like hundreds of starving ants were burrowing through the quills.  The sensation faded as quickly as it came, and she turned to the questioning spirit with a scrap of down sticking to her cheek. 

"Ohh, not at all my phantom lady. Plenty of river for all... say, this is an odd time for fireflies, isn't it?" Her words were muddled as they fell from her dry mouth. It felt lined with cotton and dust. There was water nearby, wasn't there? Yes, right in front of her... She giggled randomly. Water was funny. Waaahhterrr.  The shadow and the ghost were joined by a third, larger figure. A ghost... was she dead? Was the ghost an angel? Fever-glossed eyes tried to focus on the approaching horse. My dear Sabra girl... "Ari...?" There was only one man she could think of coming for her in the Afterlife.

Shaky steps brought her closer to the shining stallion until her face was pressed into his shoulder. Her throat hurt something awful as she tried to speak around the tears gathering there. Who knew it hurt this much to be dead? "Sylva has fallen, and I with it. I tried. I guess it's just as well I'm dead, I can stay here with you now. I've missed you so much Ari, have you missed me? We never have to be apart again, my love." She ramblingly promised, knees shaking. Ah, by she needed a drink. The ex queen lurched back towards the water, stumbling into it as her hooves caught on a patch of mud. Water flowed over and around her. It waa cold, so cold. Why was she so cold? 

@[Ilma] @[Klaudius]

Messages In This Thread
    Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Sabra - 04-15-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Ilma - 04-15-2018, 05:25 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Sabra - 04-16-2018, 11:33 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Ilma - 04-16-2018, 12:07 PM