• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Love looks not with the eyes[Porcia, Hestia]

Hestia’s ears flick to Porcia at the nervous laugh and her gut coils around itself hating that she is causing the girl discomfort. Her bright greeting is soothing, even if nothing can pull her completely from this dark mood that has been consuming her through the summer months. She doesn’t ask, only gives him a look that shouts. Explain. He is quick to do so, and it’s his saving grace that he does. She remains silent still cautiously looking him over.

There isn’t time for much more when another familiar face shows up. Damn you’re popular with my ladies. It’s all she can manage to think of with the sudden show of support for him being accepted into Nerine. She isn’t one to let weakness in her borders though. They are a strong people and she seeks out strength. Currently she sees none in him. Yet how can she say this without hurting these tenderhearted females. They are no sanctuary kingdom. They do not take in the broken and soft and let them stay that way. Nerine is a place for fighters or those wanting to become fighters. People who can stand up to her and tell her their opinion without fear of the backlash they may receive.

Him… she almost wants to laugh, in fact she is pretty sure if she lit up, as she is prone to do, he’d piss himself from fear. Nymf is quick to assure him. And Hestia stands there is in complete surprise, even if she doesn’t show it. How do I know you are not a spy? The question though not spoken with anger isn’t friendly either. As gentle and lyrical as her voice is it can have a cold tone to it when needed. Now it’s on a line, neutral, but it can’t be mistaken for anything more than that.

There are ways he can prove himself. The queen is pretty sure that she will make him do something for that purpose. Not out of spite, but from her lack of trust. He may have Nymf and Porcia on his side, but she knows Porcia to be innocent and slightly naïve to the darkness around her. One of the reasons she’s endeared herself to Hestia. She also knows Nymf to be a slightly timid creature. They are the gentleness of Nerine. She accepts them for their strength of will, and the ease with which they make conversation. She knows their strengths lay in these, but it could also be their weakness. Seeing the best in others is not always a good thing. Neither is seeing only the darkness in others either. But that is what makes Nerine strong. The extent of the diversity that lives here and all of them willing to speak their minds to her. She doesn’t see Eros as one who will speak his mind.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Eros] @[Porcia] @[Nymf]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Love looks not with the eyes[Porcia, Hestia] - by Hestia - 04-22-2018, 01:19 AM