• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are stars; any
    Demi
    It doesn't take me long to coax the girl into a game of tag.  Surely all knew this game and at one point in their lives, partook in the simple joy it gave you.  Even adults could be seen in its innocent chases.  My wings spread and with rhythmic movements I propel forwards.  Occasionally glancing back with my crimson eye to ensure I am still being followed, but not to closely of course.  Finding the dark filly flapping her wings and bounding forwards happily, I take that as game on!

The scattered forests of Hyaline dot the landscape between dips and rises in the terrain.  Surrounding them had been barren deciduous trees, leafs having recently shed as the weather shifted.  My focus shifts back to the path I had set upon.  Dodging low hanging branches and tree trunks with precision that I have only acquired with practice.  Soon I see a break in the confines of the vegetation.  Excitement causes me to accelerate my flight...

As the forest thins to reveal open sky I begin my ascend into the atmosphere.  My incline is drastic, and I force myself to work against the gravity trying to pull me back to earth.   Knowing the winged girl would be quickly at my tail feathers, I attempt to gain as much height as possible.  This was no task for the raven.  No, this was a job for the peregrine falcon...

Along my climb into the sky, I twist into an upward barrel roll.  What fun was shifting if you couldn't do it with some flare? Half-way into my fifth roll, my body transforms and heading into the sixth roll, I spread my wing span wide to stall my movement further up.  My head is leveled to look below me and locate my playmate.  Hoping to find her not far off.  I allow the updraft of wind to glide me gently at nearly a hover as I look at my new friend. I screech happily before turning my view back to the earth below.  A one-sided smirk could reveal my next move.  One more quick glance towards the winged horse and I fold my wings to my side.  Allowing my body the fall like a rain drop from the clouds above.  

I hold no resistance against the air that envelopes us, so quickly I fall.  Much quicker than any other creature on earth.  I figure this game of chase has become unfair to my friend.  As I near the soil, once again, I release my wings from my sides. Slowing me to a soft flight.  I look for a suitable landing spot.  The turn of my head reveals to me a stump of a tree lost long ago.  Talons outreach to grasp the wood and I settle atop of it with a ruffle to my wings.  I have never tried this before, but I use the blueprint of Tahtis' form to shift now.

Where once perched a small avian, a russet and white, spotted filly emerges.  Her front half that of a pinto and back half of an appaloosa, but she retains one features she was not naturally born having.  A symmetrical pair of russet spotted wings that resemble the raptors of the night, the owl.  My equine head rises and with a twist I examine this form I have created.  A pleased smile paints across my face.  Just then I hear the incoming sound of the filly I had yet to give my name to.  My natural eye finds her and extends a greeting, "Hello Tahti... My name is Demi."  My eyes bright and nearly glowing in satisfaction, I wait for her to respond.  Nearly forgetting we had been playing a game in which I was to be tagged... 
    Legends & Myths

lol I cant figure it out on the keyboard.  
    So I am assuming they are the same age(almost 1)...?  And she only shifts into things she has seen so far, so I wanted to fit it in that she just shifts bird wings in her horse form so she can be like Tahti Smile

Messages In This Thread
    We are stars; any - by Tähti - 04-14-2018, 06:52 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 04-23-2018, 08:48 PM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Tähti - 04-26-2018, 09:09 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 05-01-2018, 10:03 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Tähti - 05-02-2018, 03:07 PM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 05-02-2018, 09:53 PM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Tähti - 05-06-2018, 06:42 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 05-07-2018, 09:05 PM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Tähti - 05-13-2018, 06:25 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 05-16-2018, 09:39 PM