• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    As soon as he is certain his rocky hold on Ischia will not fail if he is gone briefly, Brennen tells only a few of his new Brothers where he is headed, to briefly pause and invite a few of the most promising of the youngsters he’s surrounded himself with, and then he takes to the sky. It’s too soon to be gone for more than the minimum time – a quick flight across the bay will take them to Nerine, and it will be just as easy to reach home again as soon as they have concluded their meeting; later, when things are less tumultuous, he will have time for leisurely visits to old friends here.

When Nerine unfolds beneath him, Brennen folds his wings and drops as gracefully as a thousand-pound winged creature can into the sand, decades of practice allowing him to basically land in complete stillness and control, backlegs followed quickly by forelegs and then overlarge black wings lowered towards the ground, just high enough not to drag the ebony tips in the sand. He doesn’t wait to see if either Kori or Bel had followed, trusting instead in them to keep up and follow his lead if they chose to come along. A quick scan of the landscape before him reveals Hestia already headed towards her own borders, towards the Ischians, and he calls a greeting before walking forward to meet her.

“Hestia,” his gaze flicks warily to the creature behind her, uneasy at its bizarre appearance, but he says nothing; it doesn’t appear to be threatening the black Queen (at least overtly – it’s pretty threatening just in its existence) so other than staying ready to move at any moment to attack or defend, Brennen decides to ignore it for now. And even then – Brennen is always battle-ready, so to the untrained eye he will probably look as relaxed as anyone who has just mutinied and claimed a Kingdom for themselves can appear. “I hope you don’t mind, I’ve brought along some promising young diplomats. Nothing teaches like experience.” Now he glances to see if either or both have come; his own fire-and-white son, or the gold-and-white boy who has already thrown himself headlong into the life and work of Ischia and their future. To them he offers a quick little smile of approval before turning back to the Nerinian Queen.

“I wanted to get back here and iron out the details of our alliance as soon as possible. I don’t like leaving anything up to chance with the way things are right now.” He folds and settles his wings against his sides, easing into a physically relaxed stance. No reason to be uncomfortable while they’re talking. “I am fully prepared to enter into a full alliance just like the ones of old – full military support, defense of each other, training together, perhaps stationing a representative in each other’s Kingdoms full-time.” He rarely does things by half-measure, and this will be no different. The bay warrior doesn’t know Hestia well but he trusts Scorch completely, and Scorch has vouched for the black lady. “I also have amongst my people, as I am sure you do also, those with different unique talents that could be of aid in different circumstances. I propose we share a list of these talents, if not exactly which individual holds them unless they become necessary, with each other, so we know exactly what kind of help to request if needed, for efficiency. For instance, I have a new grandson who can detect the telling of lies.” That is not the most interesting of his childrens’ talents, but he is sure Hestia knows he wouldn’t share the juiciest of things before an agreement is made. Hestia holds the ultimate card in that game perhaps with Djinni the mage, but that personage is known to be capricious and work ultimately to her own whims, as Brennen well knows, so in many instances it would be better to use a lesser but more specialized talent. And why should two allied Kingdoms not share such talents?

He waits for Hestia to respond how she will, but also takes a moment to look at each of the boys in turn, to see if they have anything to add or questions to ask.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Belgaer], @[Trekori] no obligations to show up here but we'll say Brennen stopped on his way out to invite the boys on this diplomatic meeting if they want to come along <3

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Brennen - 04-14-2018, 09:44 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-19-2018, 01:23 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-22-2018, 12:01 AM