• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

They'd made the journey without incident, travelling along the coast with the stars to guide them. The quiet lapping of the ocean kept them company when conversation fell short, as was prone to happen to women as characteristically stoic as Hestia and Scorch. Well, Hestia for sure; but whenever Scorch raised her voice to discuss the possibilities that would arise come morning, Hestia always answered, and whenever it became clear that silence was preferred, Scorch thought to herself in silence; and sometimes, to those Beyond.

Exciting, hey, Errant? She said to her dead brother.
    As it always is when you're around, Scorch. Good luck. His voice vibrated through her skull, and she smiled at its sound; she missed the magician, but for now, he had his place there, and she had her responsibilities here.
    Thanks. Feel free to listen in while it's going down.
    Will do.

When the pair arrived, a few others had gathered, namely Krone herself (whom they recognize based off of Brennen's description of her) and a mare with her filly in tow. Scorch settled herself a little ways off from the bulk of the gathering, or else followed Hestia to wherever she chose to position herself; and from there, she squared her shoulders and lowered her head. A stance of power, of pride; she represented her kingdom today, and more than that: she represented the spirit of the Amazons, past, present, and future.

As silence befell the group, with two having already voted in favour of Brennen, Scorch couldn't help but to succumb to the scathing remarks that had been building on the tip of her tongue ever since that purple stallion began to speak. "Queen Hestia and myself, Scorch, of Nerine, are here in support of Brennen. We look forward to securing our alliance, your majesty." Her expression remained neutral as her head dipped in respect to Brennen, but internally, she cackled; ah, perhaps her dramatic flared hadn't faded entirely...

Or at all.

"Krone," she called in a hard voice, turning to address the failed queen. "You are a fool if you think it wise to place a yearling on the throne of kingdom with as much potential as Ischia. You saw what happened to Loess." Lepis, the girl-queen, had rendered that kingdom into a pathetic silence. Scorch's eyes burrowed into Krone, and despite the rage she felt inside at the woman's suggestion, she tempered it and did not allow it to raise her voice past a reasonable level. "Do the right thing. At least you'll be able to say that not all of your actions as Queen of Ischia were failures."

She fell into silence; perhaps her Queen had more to say.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Scorch - 04-13-2018, 01:06 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM