• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone]
    The girl has already turned back to the reflection she casts upon the waters surface. A slight dip of her head and lips part to meet with the liquid with the unspoken promise of disrupting the image before her. But it's not lips upon the plane that distorts the flickering image, rather the sudden splash of droplets that snap the mares attention back to her companion. The distance had been closed between them again, going unnoticed by the internal ramblings of jumbled thoughts.  A slight flicker of the ear, and the thoughts fall silent as her companion responds to her external monologue.

With brows furrowing closer together, she listens to his words with utmost curisority, allowing him the time he needs to verbalize his perception of her.  Though she devotes her attention to him and understands the point he is making, the leopard mare cannot help but allow a silly, one sided grin to develop and grow in size the longer he speaks.  He reaches to her then, and finds the means to remain relaxed at the friendly gesture he offers.  With a fully formed smirk now she finally speaks, So you are capable of speaking more than a couple sentences at a time.  I was beginning to wonder."

The amusement remains in her eyes and the smile diminishes to a smaller degree, before returning to a more serious tone, "I must admit, you're not as irritating as I initially thought.  In fact, you're rather uplifting. But I can keep that part a secret if you have a certain image you'd like to maintain.  And I need to thank you yet again, for not only helping me realize that I do have something to offer this place, but also for helping me to decide to call Nerine home."

Her line of vision had fled to the horizon as she had spoken, but she turns back again to the stallion with a soft look of newfound fondness, "And thank you for thinking of me as beautiful." Reaching out, she brushes her nose lightly against the broad of his chest if he allowed her to do so. Though as she pulls away, the small smile falls flat as she looks back towards the darkening horizon.  "I should seek out your mother," she finally says with a voice heavily laced with surprising sadness and the odd reluctance of parting ways, as her brown eyes seek his out once more.

@[Leilan] <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone] - by Breckin - 05-17-2018, 10:01 AM