• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone]

The roaning male shrugs a little at the mare’s comments on favors. ”Don’t worry about it. If tou’re going to be a Nerinian, you’re my sister-in-arms, and you don’t owe me anything.” he shakes his head. Nah, that really wasn’t his way anyway. Besides, he’s enjoying the attention she gives him, as well as the slight tension that is obviously building, sparking between them something that perhaps might have lasted if this wasn’t a one-time meeting. He rather enjoys this mare around him, even though they have remained nameless, mysterious beings to eachother for so long as they are talking

But it’s fun that way - however as soon as he tells her his mother’s name he also knows that she will find out sooner than later. That is if she isn’t too scared by his mother. She seems rightly shocked, almost enough to turn tail and run. Instead she turns to the water, and his eyes are assessing her every movement when she does tell her tale as if it’s a confession.

When she finally turns to say he did not need to hear all that, he shakes his head. ”It seems you needed that of your chest. Glad to be of service.” he smiles sheepishly, because for a moment she seems vulnerable and he has to resist the urge to step close to hug her - she might be rightly scared if he did.

Instead, he lingers on the shore, uncertain for a moment.

She doesn’t notice however, stating she is flattered but does not think of herself as handsome or pretty. Hmm.
    Now is as good a time as any, and with a small splash he’s closing the distance she put between them. ”I think you should work on your self-esteem. Obviously you’re overlooking something here.” He points to her reflection. ”Do you know how many horses are in Beqanna, that are all white, but prettied up with the cutest dots? I have never seen another before, and I’m not done counting yet. May have something to do with the spark in your eye that is distracting me from doing so..” he tells her. ”I’ve been gifted with many colours, but sometimes less is more, you know what I’m saying? Besides, until recently I hadn’t gotten any gifts myself. Nike gave me this gift of cold and gold, and until now I had no use for it either.”

He reaches out with his nose, hoping she would allow a light touch on the shoulder. ”What I’m saying is, you’re as unique as anyone, and you don’t fool me, telling me you’re not pretty.”

@[Breckin] suddenly stuff got intense, sorry haha
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone] - by Leilan - 05-05-2018, 05:19 AM