• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone]
    The coolness emanating from him feels like heaven’s breath upon her heated skin.  She’d barely just been out of the water when the heat of summer decided to whisk off any remaining moisture off her coat, causing her pale body to begin sweating lightly.  But this fellow proves himself chivalrous, coming to help a lady in her time of need.  This one is also proving himself to be rather charming.  She can appreciate this fact, but it makes her weary as she quietly ponders what his motives may be.  Nonetheless, he has given her a gift and for that Breckin is thankful, even though she feels like she owes the stallion some type of compensation.

“A useful magic you have, sir.  I thank you deeply for assisting me.  I have little to give you in return, but perhaps I could offer you a favor in the future? Or something of the like.”

Suddenly the leopard mare is all too aware of how close in proximity they are and her body subconsciously stiffens.  The urge to step away nearly consumes her at the realization, but she manages to suppress the thought into the deepest recesses of her mind, as she forces her musculature to relax again.  The fellow was affecting her in all the right ways.  The impulse to move away was not rooted in a feeling a revulsion, but quite the opposite.  Truthfully the feeling was moreso related to an all encompassing embarrassment than anything else; she simply was not used to this much attention from someone around her own age—at least not that she could recall.

But her pride was on the line and so she counters with an easy grin as her attention resumes on the answer he offers to her question.  It turns out her presumption of his home had been correct and when he confirms that he was aware of who Brennen was, her smile grew a little larger.  And yet when he mentions that Scorch was his mother the friendly smile on her face falls to a flat line as her brown eyes grow wide.  Hell if she had any water in her mouth at the time she probably would have choked on it, then inelegantly spit it out.  No sooner than the words left his mouth did her eyes find his own again—reassessing their depths.  It made sense now, she thinks as her head tilts lightly sideways in curiosity, finally recognizing that spark she had noticed there before.

“I should have guessed.  You have your mother’s eyes, I think,” she says quietly, as she replaces the line of her lips with a soft smile again.  She draws her gaze away from him then and instead looks to the stream in front of them.  Finally, she does manage to step away from his chilled embrace as she steps back to the water again, her head dropping once more to look intently upon her own reflection with a furrowed brow.  The mare sighs softly before continuing her explanation.  “Your mother and Brennen were the ones who found me wandering rather dazedly in the field almost a year ago now.  At the time I did not know what I sought, and granted I still hardly do now, but they offered me homes. They both spoke so highly of Nerine and Ischia, I had to experience it for myself.  And as you mentioned, Beqanna’s magic is very much influential in what the people do here I think, and I’m no exception.”  Casually she rotates gaze back to him,  “I know you probably didn’t need to hear all of that, but it felt nice to get it out of my head.”

His next words cause her to snort, rolling her eyes playfully, but laughing outwardly in the end.  “I am flattered to know you think of me as handsome as yourself, sir.  You set the bar pretty high.  And it’s equally as nice to know you don’t think of me as irritating.”  Her playful laugh ends in a friendly smile, “I may need to revoke my statement when I said you had your mother’s eyes however.  I believe her vision to be remarkably better than the blurred eyesight you seem to have.  Because you see, I am just a simple lady, I have no astounding beauty or special attributes to offer you or Beqanna or myself for that matter.”  The sentence may sound pitiful, but it was the honest truth she had come to realize awhile ago.  But the honesty had brought upon a raw, aching truth that she wanted more from her life, and she was bound to make something of herself in these lands come hell or high water.  And Nerine would be the place that she would do it.  The subtle determination sparks brightly in the pools of her brown eyes as she looks to her companion once more, “Though someday I will change that.”

OOC: Hope you don't mind the novel. I really enjoy them together <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone] - by Breckin - 05-01-2018, 04:37 PM