• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone]
    As he nears, he sees her frown a little; apparently, he is disturbing the mare, hopefully just a little, little enough that she does not tell him to go away. If Leilan is anything, he is trying to find the limits of everything - the line between annoyance and sheer anger, personal space, you name it.

For instance, he never enters a situation on a serious note, unless the air feels like someone has died. So he's not held back by this small a frown in any way.

His question at first seems to put the spotted mare off-guard; then her face lightens, or merely, her eyes do, as she catches that he's not that serious a fellow after all. Her reaction though, is not the tinkling female laugh he always hopes for when he approaches a mare like that; not even a shy smile. Instead she puts on a queenly air, as girls are wont to do when given half a chance; looking away as if to ignore his shiny butt (quite literally, with the metallic gold in his tail, you know). But then, she responds nonetheless; her tone revealing that she's not that serious at all, as well as he.

Oh, what a glorious day! Praise heavens (or the fairies). He's found a mind similar enough to his own, and she's a pretty one at that. He holds in his low chuckle; set on playing the game. She claims she must have the attention of all the water in sight, after all, but he knows she holds his by now, which is exactly what he tells her. "Then please excuse me for interrupting. Could I make it up by giving you all of mine to add?" After all, it's not too hard for him to keep his gaze fixed on the only other horse in sight; especially since he's never going to be done tracing and counting all the dots on her fair skin.

Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone] - by Leilan - 04-16-2018, 12:44 PM