• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It costs nothing to dream; hatching/ANY
    He’s about to try and take a few more steps when a shout stops him in his tracks; he freezes, shivering just a little, and tucks his wings in tight to his sides before he looks around and then down, putting eyes on the dark mare scrambling up the volcano towards him. Excited, he gives a high little whinny and leans towards her, though he obediently doesn’t move his feet. His tiny nose returns her inquisitive touch when she reaches him, and he inhales but is disappointed that it’s not familiar. Of course, it had been hard to smell through the egg shell, so maybe his mom wouldn’t be familiar? But the voice isn’t right either.

She asks him a few rapid questions and the colt looks around their feet, setting green eyes on the large remains of his egg around them, drawing her attention to them. “I’m ok,” he says brightly, but then rustles his wings and tilts his head. “I don’t know where mommy and papa are. They always visited when I was inside but they weren’t here when I got out.”

He leans against her for a moment, taking a few hesitant steps, but children are fearless as the mother probably knows and as they get closer to the ground, and he gets steadier on his wobbly legs, Grye darts forward suddenly after a butterfly, using his wings to keep his balance. When it gets away – of course- he prances back towards her. “I’m Grye! Can you help me find my momma?”
    Grye
    Olivier x Dagny
    devin's∇designs

Messages In This Thread
    It costs nothing to dream; hatching/ANY - by Grye - 03-23-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: It costs nothing to dream; hatching/ANY - by Grye - 04-13-2018, 10:03 AM