• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Brennen
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He understands, how his loyal child could be conflicted when being forced to choose between his father and the woman he has known as Queen his entire life. In fact, Brennen is proud that his son would hesitate before betraying Krone, even though ultimately he also trusts him to make the decision to follow Brennen anyway, because it shows in his son an adultness and depth of understanding that will serve him well as a diplomat.

But Brennen also believes his reasons for overthrowing Krone are solid and good, and so he nods when Belgaer cautiously objects, and gives his son a small, sad smile. “I know this is hard, because Krone has always been your Queen. But Krone is bad for Ischia. The Kingdom does not thrive under her, though I have given her plenty of time to prove it might.” the years blur together, but he is quite positive this is not what Circinae envisioned for them when she left. “Even when recruits are tempted to visit, they never stay. It has been just our family and Krone’s for some time, and that is not what Ischia deserves.” Kylin, after all, hardly counts with as often as she is around.

“The island is teeming with life right now, Bel, and that is because the Brothers I have brought in, old and new, have purpose and a vision. They will be able to make us great again. And they won’t follow Krone, but they will follow me. And other Kingdoms will back me - Nerine has already pledged to ally with Ischia under my rule, and I believe Hyaline will follow.” Brennen searches his son’s face, and guesses at what might concern him the most. “This will not lead to a war unless Krone forces our hands. The takeover will be peaceful or end in my challenging her alone.”

“I do not take this on lightly,” he says to the fire-and-white Pegasus before him, “But I do not feel I can do anything else. I am loyal to Ischia before I am loyal to its Queen, and it’s Queen is failing. Likewise I am loyal to my family and to my Brothers, and we can be all for Ischia that Krone has not been. And I would be glad to have you by my side as well.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Ooc; sorry this is shitty phone post but I wanted you to have it just in case you need to reference it before responding to all Ischia post!

Messages In This Thread
    Brennen - by Belgaer - 03-21-2018, 10:33 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 03-22-2018, 10:53 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Belgaer - 03-26-2018, 10:18 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 03-28-2018, 09:48 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Belgaer - 04-03-2018, 09:24 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 04-09-2018, 11:15 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Belgaer - 04-11-2018, 09:54 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 04-13-2018, 12:22 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Belgaer - 04-19-2018, 05:37 AM