• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Brennen
    Belgaer

Belgaer had missed the constant comfort of Ischia. The warm tropical island had been the place of his birth and the only home he’d known. Although several other siblings of his had chosen to make their own way, he’d never had the desire to leave. Like his father, he suspected his loyalty would persist so long as Krone and her kin sat upon the throne. It would be hard for him to accept any leader beside.

Staring out at the endless expanse of sea before them, knowing that just beyond the horizon sat the mainland of Beqanna, he imagined all that was about to transpire. Though it pained him to be away, he knew that long days of travel were ahead of him as he chose to take on his role as a diplomat. Once again, his stomach rolled as he considered what his father might say when he learned of his son’s ambitions. The large bay had invested countless hours into his children, especially his sons, all with the hope that they would one day join the brotherhood and fight at his side. There’d been a time, however brief, that Belgaer had believed that path was one that he wanted for himself. But, as he’d grown in age and wisdom, he’d learned that his interests expanded beyond the brute force of the brotherhood. He only hoped that he could convince his father of the replacement he felt worthy of his forfeited place. 

He smiled as Brennen’s tale of Galilee distracted Bel away from the ever-looming topic at hand. It was a relief to hear that his mother was, although understandably anxious, ready to bring forth the newest member of their family. 

”You know, mother always had a way of knowing,” he reminded his father. He could sense the bay’s restlessness beside him and he imagined one day caring for a mare as he cared for Galilee. The love Brennen held for her was obvious. Gently, the chestnut nudged his father’s shoulder in an offering of comfort. ”She will be alright,” he assured knowing that, no matter how many times the mare would give birth Brennen would always worry. 

Once again silence found it place between them and there was no room left to dodge the inevitable. Belgaer shifted in his spot as he stilled the tumbling of his insides. ”Father, I’ve been speaking with the others,” he began hesitantly. ”And I’ve decided to pursue my interests in diplomacy. I’ve already presented myself to Krone to join the other diplomats.”

Then, there was nothing left to do but wait and wonder. Deep down, Belgaer knew that Brennen would always support him, but it was the hidden disappointment that the speckled chestnut dreaded.
    The Prodigal Son

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    Brennen - by Belgaer - 03-21-2018, 10:33 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 03-22-2018, 10:53 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Belgaer - 03-26-2018, 10:18 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 03-28-2018, 09:48 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Belgaer - 04-03-2018, 09:24 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 04-09-2018, 11:15 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Belgaer - 04-11-2018, 09:54 AM
    RE: Brennen - by Brennen - 04-13-2018, 12:22 PM
    RE: Brennen - by Belgaer - 04-19-2018, 05:37 AM