• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  [Private] I sold my soul for this ~Kagerus~
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    It's my first time crawling back to Hyaline from the river, from my... Family... If you can call it that (if you can call a man's agonized cries a family, if you can call a child named after the void a family, if you can call a conflicted mother in a suspension of abandonment a family.) My pace is slow, legs aching, mind shattered, and in truth, I do not know what I am even returning for.

I shouldn't be alive.

She calls my name on the wind, and for reasons I cannot explain, I must reply. My feeble frame approaches the caller, recognizing her as she grows nearer: Hestia, Queen. Even in my after-birth haze (though it's not my own, no, no, it's Rapt's), my brow creases and I have to wonder at her presence. After all that's happened to me this year, why is Nerine's Queen calling for me alone.

I suppose I'll have to find out.

"What do you want, Hestia?" My voice croaks, eyes sitting desolately on hers. She looks uncomfortable, nervous, and perhaps a part of me is curious, but moreover, I just want to lie down. I am exhausted at having shifted my child into another's body, I am exhausted at not knowing how to love a child I developed but did not birth, I am exhausted and there's no guarantee that Hestia can help. That anyone can help.

I am purposeless. I shouldn't be alive.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

idk what this is but don't be discourage, she's still down to clown
    @[Hestia]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Private] I sold my soul for this ~Kagerus~ - by Kagerus - 03-22-2018, 02:34 AM
    RE: [Private] I sold my soul for this ~Kagerus~ - by Oblivion - 03-29-2018, 01:46 AM