• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Byrne, any [birthing]
    Byrne
    What exhausting business, being born. It was such a tight squeeze and then a big fall, followed by the greatest expanse one could possibly imagine. There were no limits to this new environment. Well perhaps the ground (that he lay in a heap on), but even that seemed to go on forever in all directions. Such vibrant colors - the light overwhelming. Smells and sounds and the gentle touch of his mother's tongue on his skin. 

His dark eyes blink up at her, bewildered, as she goes about cleaning him. There is another with them as well. They speak to one another but the words don't really reach him just yet; they still sound muffled and far away. He allows his head to rest on the ground for a moment while he catches his breath (still so new and fresh in his lungs) and his nose takes in the lush smell of the dirt and the grass. How much there was to learn about this new place! The idea invigorates him and he begins to try to move more of himself around (the better to explore). 

As his father (for who else could the other horse be) lips at his crest, he is just as surprised as could be to feel the gentle warmth of an almost translucent-white flame spring to life along the line of his neck and on his rear. But perhaps this makes sense, because his father has similar flames in these spots as well. He decides to focus on other things for the time being, like getting his thin, long legs in a suitable position beneath him. 
    Heir of Fire and Ash

Sorry it's taken so long friends. I've been dealing with some stuff IRL but hopefully I'll get my muse back <3
    @[Amorette] @[Levi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Byrne, any [birthing] - by Byrne - 03-29-2018, 07:46 PM