• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

embrace your darkness [Hephaestus]
    Raven stallion kept his distance so as not to crowd the larger male. Ceil blue gaze carefully searches his face, though, he consciously attempts to avoid a cold, hard stare. He notes the lines of his façade furrowing deeper, almost in pain. Poll lowers, out of discouragement, upon recognizing this guy’s discomfort and unease. Of course, Jesper did not know him. He did not know what he had overcome. However, he had spent long enough on his own to know that alone was not the way to live. He cringes as he watches Hephaestus force words out. He does so because he is aware it is him making this man feel so awkward. Rubbery labrums curve into a gentle smile in an attempt to ease other’s pain. He doubts words could help here. Actions always speak louder than words. Poll shakes, sending tresses askew, to rid the nagging phrase from his thoughts.

Ceil blue orbs soften as gentle voice emits. “I cannot help but notice that I am disturbing your peace. I know what you mean. I too enjoy the solitude of the forest. My mother passed away giving birth to me and, my father has never been around. I practically raised myself and, while I have no physical scars, I certainly feel as though a piece of me is missing.” He pauses briefly, deciding if it was worth it to continue. Alas, Jesper could not bring himself to give up on Hephaestus just yet. “I was beyond lost last summer. I, somehow, experienced a little Beqanna magic and, have found myself again.” He decides to step forward slowly with his whiskered muzzle extending towards a few blades of tender grass poking out from beneath the pine needles. Lightly-stained ivories nibble at the foliage before he speaks once more. “I guess, I want you to know that I feel your pain. I have felt the sorrow etched into your features and, the loss that deepens your creases.” Deciding that enough is enough, Jesper quits his chattering and, pokes about through the scattered leaves for more fresh blades.

@[Hephaestus]

Messages In This Thread
    embrace your darkness [Hephaestus] - by Jesper - 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM
    RE: embrace your darkness [Hephaestus] - by Jesper - 03-23-2018, 05:16 PM