• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The time has come my little one / Trekori, Any

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

While I have spent my fair share of time (read: my whole life) wandering aimlessly from place to place, I can't say that I've ever done it with a companion. At most, I've temporarily stopped when someone presented as an interesting distraction, but always I moved on solo. Even when I met with my own blood-brother I hadn't invited him to travel with me (though I had invited him to find me in Ischia... Plans for a bachelor-lead mutiny and all). But this Andulvar, he's proving hard to get rid of - or maybe I've actually found someone who's company I enjoy.

It's weird though. Totally strange.

I've been munching pretty steadily as we march, knowing that I'll probably keel over and die if I don't, considering how tireless Dirtman over here seems to be. And yet as I think this, it is too soon, as next thing I know the fool is stretching out his black wings and buffeting me in the face. Snorting, nostrils tickled by his inky feathers, I frown down at him as he collapses for a "nap" as he put it. A NAP? My sensibilities are offended... But then I'm yawning, and forgetting just why I was so insulted, my gangly palomino legs folding in on themselves. Unlike Var, I don't flap my wings about, instead clutching them like a blanket to my sides.

I've managed to get a good little wink in before my nap (a truly wonderful way to spend time I'm finding) is rudely interrupted by what sounds like a cougar growling. Opening one eye, I glare at Var. "And you always criticize me for being hungry." But then he's inviting me to come and eat the weird little mushrooms he seems to be quite enjoying, and my own stomach makes sure to speak its opinion before I can. Well, I know what happens when I argue with that voice in Var's presence, and so I heave myself up and go to see what all the fuss is about.

"Uuh, Var, I don't think you should've eaten those." My purple eyes go over the stallion seriously, a little freaked out that he would so nonchalantly inhale such foreign plants. What earth was he raised on?? Gods. But as I watch him carefully, and listen to his badgering voice telling me just how skinny I am, I eventually lower my head to take a nibble. Well, more than a nibble.

I'm hungrier than I thought.

When all the mushrooms are gone, I wander over to some grass to eat my fill. Var snore's behind me, and although I think I'm annoyed by it, the sound of slumber makes my own eyelids droop, and sooner than later, I'm on the ground dozing off.

My dreams... Are weird. The sky is above me, twinkling with stars though the sun's still high. Gravity feels kinda funny, like the sky is down and the ground is up, but I can't really think about it logically - those stars are just so damn twinkly. Feeling an itch crawl up my back for what seems like an hour, I wiggle around in the dirt, trying to scratch it, my mouth opening and closing like a stranded fish.

Glow-stick.

My vision swims wetly to the sound, skipping like a record player as my head flops quickly to the side. Boy does he sound funny when he smiles like that. "Huh-huh," I chuckle in response, drooling a little. Finding that a perfectly civilized reaction, I readjust my head to stare at my legs. Legs that have been stuck straight up in the air for the past ten minutes, floating around with minds of their own, dancing with the stars in the sky above.

"Look, if you're going to - if you're going to do that - at least invite me." I didn't even realize that I'd noticed the war Dirtman has been standing up and sitting down like that, but I did, and with a good amount of luck, I'm teetering next to him, my golden body absolutely plastered in grass and dirt. "A-and don't swear in my presence, I'm a - a fucking prince."

I'm grinning the complete fool, with my wings half unfolded, the very tips of them rapid-fire tapping my flanks, though I don't seem to notice. Someone's singing a song and it's a minute before I realize that it's me, and by then, Andulvar is about 3 inches from my face, staring at my horn like it's a god, and asking me a question I REALLY can't answer right now. I'm too busy looking into his eyes, watching them expand and expand til it looks like they'll bug out of Var's face. Boy, if I just reach out and popped them with my tongue, I bet they'd taste like clouds.

And so I'm standing there. With my pink tongue extended right for Andulvar's eyeball. A nonsensical song still being partially sung around the obstruction.

@[Andulvar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The time has come my little one / Trekori, Any - by Trekori - 03-12-2018, 03:21 PM