• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Kylin/Any!
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Although the reason I am able to read her well is most probably due to the fact that I can relate wholeheartedly to where she is coming from with all the pain and trauma, I sometimes fancy that it's some of my grandmother's empathy expressing itself in my genes. This is just wishful thinking, however, but it does make me feel like maybe I know what I'm doing - because I don't, really. I'm just trying to care for that which has been discarded by hands more foolish than my own.

Our journey ends up being slower than I imagined, with Kylin weak and cold by my side. I try my best to shelter her from the wind and to get her moving a little quicker whenever she regains her breath, knowing that the movement (though fatiguing) will at least keep her warm and alert. Despite the delay, we arrive in good time, and my spirits are still high and hopefully for the lavender girl. Her lips are curled in a smile as she answers my questions, and I swear I can see the fire in her eyes reigniting.

I'm about to suggest finding a warm cave to snuggle up in when she interjects an afterthought, asking instead to be brought to the lake she so wished to be liquid instead of solid. I catch my words and shake out my mane softly, buying myself time to reorganize my thoughts. When I straighten, I am sure to find the nose she had just placed on mine, blowing warm are across her face amiably.

"Of course! I'll take you there now. It's not much farther, and there's some caves in the mountainside that should suit us perfectly, if you'd like to rest a while." I know that this isn't really a stretch, because Kylin is clearly exhausted and in need of a rest, but it feels like a stretch to me. In my heart, I know that I have technically just stole an Ischian member... But when I see the way Ky's eyes bounce towards the lake eagerly, her nostrils flaring without her even noticing, I forget my small guilt. Seeing her alive and well (if a little tired and cold) outweighs the political consequences that may come.

We head out, side by side.

"So you mentioned that you've been here before," I say as the ground passes beneath us. "Were you born here? I'm only very new to Hyaline. I don't know it's history as well as I maybe ought to." I throw her a smile, hoping that if she feels like she has the upper hand, her voice will rise above a whisper. "I'm betting you could learn me a thing or two about this place."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Kylin]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Kylin/Any! - by Kagerus - 03-12-2018, 11:48 PM