• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stolen roses grow - kagerus

Solace

Solace feels helpless as Kagerus confirms with flat certainty that she will die, that Khaedrik and his shadows had somehow told her this. 

"We will find you a healer," Solace re-affirms with certainty as Kagerus thanks her. The other woman's hopes rise and fall visibly, but Solace clings to the idea of requesting help from a magician or the fairies with steady faith - the magic of Beqanna was deep and powerful and there was little that could not be altered by its touch if requests (or sacrifices) were made to those with power.

Even death was reversible.

She remains steady as Kagerus presses her muzzle to her neck for support, sharing warmth and proving whatever support she may need. Kagerus had been there for her, and more importantly, she had been there for Hyaline.

"Inappropriate? No, you needed to get it off your chest... with thoughts like that bouncing around it must be hard to think straight."

A brave smile appears on Kageru's lips, even if the pain doesn't leave her eyes, and Solace attempts to foster this flicker of hope. "Well, If you are going into battle tomorrow I want you to go in with a title that makes you proud. I want you to be my right hand Kagerus, you already are actually, but you deserve a title to represent all you do for Hyaline."   Now isn't the time to discuss the details of how she wants to re-work the ranking system, but she wants to show her appreciation in the only way she knows how. 

"You name it - Advisor, Ambassador, Keeper - whatever you want." Ther is a pause as Solace draws a breath of the frigid winter air before pressing her barrel and shoulder in tighter to the others. "I don't know if I could keep Hyaline going without you."

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    where the stolen roses grow - kagerus - by Solace - 03-07-2018, 04:51 PM
    RE: where the stolen roses grow - kagerus - by Solace - 03-15-2018, 03:50 PM