• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stolen roses grow - kagerus
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I immediately regret how I delivered my secrets when I watch Solace's eyes pop out, and her hooves step backwards. I hadn't intended to scare her, and for a moment, true panic overwhelms me (I have lost my one true firend), but it passes quickly as my ears swivel to catch the caretaker's words. Concentrating on them, instead
    my own.

"I know because Khaedrik's shadows saw," I say quietly, feeling the life drain out of my eyes. Practically dead already, or so it feels tonight anyway. "I'm immortal, but I'll die when I give birth." A blessing, and a curse.

When she mentions a healer, her voice higher than I've yet heard it, my eyes snap up and hope is clearly written in their nutmeg depths. "I hadn't considered those options, but, but, I don't know --" The hope is suddenly drained again, and I am left feeling exhausted, having gone from deflated to elated and back again many times on the subject of the child I bear. "Thank you, for thinking of things I'm in no state to. I - I really appreciate it."

Solace comes along side me then, her voice calmer, smooth body pressing into my reassuringly, grounding me and helping me to focus on my surroundings instead of the millions of thoughts buzzing around my head. I find myself resting my nose on her neck, trusting her to guide me as she always has - ever the diligent queen, but an even better friend.

"No, no, I want to go. At least then my name will be remembered if I do die." I say this lightheartedly, as if it's quip instead of life or death, and it shows in my pained eyes even though I am smiling. "Maybe we can find a healer there though, I think that's - that's our best bet."

I drop my gaze, but keep my nose to her skin. "Thank you for listening to my woes.. I'm sorry to deliver them at such a very inopportune moment. You must have so much on your mind already besides... well, me."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    where the stolen roses grow - kagerus - by Solace - 03-07-2018, 04:51 PM
    RE: where the stolen roses grow - kagerus - by Kagerus - 03-12-2018, 05:10 PM